Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    P&S?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Primary & Secondary

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Anyone else get BTF with their M&P 2.0?

Happened 3 times on me at the range the other day. It was more like brass on top of head.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BTF ? What is that: Brass To Face.

No I have never had my M&P 2.0 throw brass that hits me. And have been shooting it weekly since April.

Now a Kahr CW 45 and 1911 flip brass at me whenever I shoot them.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    No BTF or my head with my two 2.0c's or my two Gen 5 G19's. They all have been running fine with no issues at all.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Brass to forehead or face is caused by improperly adjusted extractor.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Anyone else get BTF with their M&P 2.0?

Happened 3 times on me at the range the other day. It was more like brass on top of head.
    Nope, over 2,00 rounds not once

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Brass to forehead or face is caused by improperly adjusted extractor.
    Unless it's a Glock then it's caused by poor grip.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    CZ P10 2246 rounds fired, 1 malfunctions (Failure to extract/Tula @ ~2150), 1 cleaning at 2000 rounds.

G19 1743 rounds fired, ~2 malfunction2(Premature lock back, case stuck in chamber), 1 BTF 0 cleanings

M&P 1672 rounds fired, 0 malfunctions, 0 cleanings

Well, I had a fun holiday with three trips to the range. My plan was to have the G19 and M&P up to 2000 but I got sidetracked. Maybe next week.

Malfunction watch.

Well, I got another hiccup from the G19. Basically a case got stuck in the chamber. My guess is that it did not make it all the way and the striker hit it out of battery (hard to say). Either way, the round didn’t extract and I had to use the edge of the table to open the slide. Because I am a dumbass, I dropped it back in the pipe and it promptly locked up again. Here is the thing, I dropped it in the M&P and it still went off. Not sayting this means anything, just a data point. Note, this is the same crappy TULA ammo I always use. But it hasn’t choked the CZ, the M&P my Beretta 92 or my P2000.
    Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

The M&P ran fine. I have developed a tendency to shoot to the left with the M&P, but that is quickly remedied by adding a little trigger finger. Maybe I will swap to the smaller grip. Or not!

I brought out my old P2000 (LEM) and did some comparison shooting. It has been a while since I shot it but I wanted to shoot something with a different style of trigger. The P2000 FELT like it kicked harder. Then I did some drills with the G19 back to back and, humorously, each gun was slightly faster than the other for the first 6 draws I timed. Basically, whatever you are most familiar with will always FEEL like it has a better recoil impulse. I always liked the P2000 because it was G19 sized 13+1 with a little bit of extra safety in the trigger and well-sorted controls (true ambi, fully loaded mags seat and eject without issue, no BTF, etc). H&K really should update this gun.

Also, I had my first BTF with the Glock. 1 out 1700 rounds doesn’t bother me.

ALSO NOTE, I swear I had just noticed that the CZ mag fit in the S&W too! No lie! I ran three rounds through the M&P and it fired and locked back the slide. Useless data point!

Also got to play with a friends G30s. I had one of these beasts a few years ago and I miss it. 9+1 (realistically without using a pneumatic press to seat the mag) .45 in a sub G19 sized package is something to consider!

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    Unless it's a Glock then it's caused by poor grip.
    Nope. If it's a glock, then it's caused by the ammo. LOL

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    While they are seldom needed, hopefully soon we will be able to get some extra factory OEM spare parts ( striker assy's, RSA's, trigger springs, etc.) for both pistols. I think at this point in time there are plenty of reliable, durable and accurate enough top tier 9mm pistols, whether they be striker fired or DA/SA types to choose from, and the decisions you make tactically with what is between your ears will save your ass way before which brand of pistol is in your hand.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-27-17 at 00:12.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast