Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone here with a P10c having issues with it not locking back on an empty mag? I've got about 750 rounds of 115/124gr federal range ammo through it and its not locking back at least 30% of the time. Death grip, light grip, one hand, light attached or not.. doesn't matter. Happens on all 4 of my mags too. Getting frustrated as it's not totally repeatable.

Hasn't happened with the small amount of GD 124+p I've run through it yet though. Not sure if it's the slide not getting full travel, mag springs (four of them?), or the slide catch itself. Any insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    maro.d

I am going to guess that you have larger hands and/or are used to a very high thumbs-forward-ride -the-slide grip. The Slide catch on the CZ is a little different from most pistols in that it doesn't engage the slide using notches cut into the slide but it catches the slide internallly. This seems to require the lever to move a little more downward to release the slide and a little more upward to catch the slide than ont other pistols.

When shooting, even unoticable contact witht the slide catch by the firing-hand thumb can prevent the slide from locking. I really notice this when switcing between the CZ P10C and a Glock 19 during the same range session.

Try consiously moving your thumb a little bit away from the slide. I suspect the with the GD 124+p the gun shakes just enough more during shooting to kind of move your thumb away from the slide.

This is my guess and I hope it helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    Anyone here with a P10c having issues with it not locking back on an empty mag? I've got about 750 rounds of 115/124gr federal range ammo through it and its not locking back at least 30% of the time. Death grip, light grip, one hand, light attached or not.. doesn't matter. Happens on all 4 of my mags too. Getting frustrated as it's not totally repeatable.

Hasn't happened with the small amount of GD 124+p I've run through it yet though. Not sure if it's the slide not getting full travel, mag springs (four of them?), or the slide catch itself. Any insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes and I'm pretty sure it's me. It happens occasionally. Maybe 5% - 10% of the time. When I make a conscious effort not to keep my thumbs close to the slide release then everything works fine. I have the same issue with HK ambi slide releases

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies, good to know it’s probably user error and not the gun. Will make an effort to pay attention to where my thumbs are at next time I shoot it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The trigger on my Glock is, inexplicably, getting worse. I went ahead and detail stripped and cleaned it, but that doesn’t seem to have helped at all. There is some sort of binding feeling in the trigger. At first I thought I might be imagining the new but my gen 5 trigger now feels significantly worse than my old gen 3 and the m&p.

Update: here is a short video https://youtu.be/Xnuob8Q-tRM
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Well that sucks. I’m not a Glock fan, but I hate to see equipment failures or issues so early with what is supposed to be quality equipment.

Looks like the CZ, or M&P are on the way to victory here.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    The trigger on my Glock is, inexplicably, getting worse. I went ahead and detail stripped and cleaned it, but that doesn’t seem to have helped at all. There is some sort of binding feeling in the trigger. At first I thought I might be imagining the new but my gen 5 trigger now feels significantly worse than my old gen 3 and the m&p.

Update: here is a short video https://youtu.be/Xnuob8Q-tRM

I believe my Gen 5 G19 has had the same issue a few times. It is like the trigger is binding somewhere and the pull gets really heavy. I took mine apart and took the trigger bar assembly out, got a real small screwdriver and gently made sure the new style trigger spring assembly was not out of position or binding anywhere, reassembled everything making sure the the trigger bar cruciform went under the trigger spring retainer or whatever it is called and the problem went away. If that doesn't correct it check your striker safety plunger/ spring for smooth operation.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-02-17 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    May not be a death but I'm calling that a TKO.

LOL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    My P10c is a first class gun, accurate, smooth shooting, well made......I feel the same about my P07,,,P320,,, P01,,,TP9 SFX and many others....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    My P10c is a first class gun, accurate, smooth shooting, well made......I feel the same about my P07,,,P320,,, P01,,,TP9 SFX and many others....
    What does "smooth shooting" mean, and isn't every modern handgun from a major manufacturer "accurate"?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast