Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Everyone complains about the mag release being to stiff with a loaded mag on the closed slide. I think it is a feature. With the ambi buttons you don't want to bump one and drop a loaded mag while holstered or whatever. With the mag empty, it flies right out like it is suppose to. I haven't seen the stiff release issue as a real problem. David

Feedback Score
    For me it would be no issue, but for those who frequently may have to perform administrative unloading/reloading frequently it could be a nuisance.

If that's the biggest fault that can be found though, we have to admit we're being very nit picky.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good report Greg. After you have it a little longer let us know how you like it compared to the VP9.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Vegas,

Nah, I already had a FNX and it was awesome. My guess is the 509 is awesome too,
    If the 320 goes bye bye, FN509 and P10c would be the options. I had an FNP a few years back that I sold. Of course I regret it now.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    New out of the box the mag release and the slide release on my two P10-c pistols were really stiff and hard to use. Once the mag springs took a set after leaving them fully loaded for a couple weeks, both became very easy to use. The triggers will also become even nicer with some use, any and all creep will disapear and the trigger break will also become a little lighter. That is just the way these pistols break in. The only thing I will be changing on mine at some point, are ditching the aluminum sights for some steel ones of my preference and also having the frame's beavertail area relieved *just a little bit* more for my thumb comfort. I have also *polished* the feed ramps on mine. I have heard CZ has already made some small tweeks to a few of its small parts and with their assembly processes on the pistol. The CZ P-10c appears to be overbuilt in a lot of areas, so its durability should be fine for the long haul.
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-26-17 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've experienced absolutely nothing with my VP9 that needed to be broken in. It works really well right out of the box.

After shooting Glocks for a couple of decades now, the VP9 was shockingly better in many categories. This was something I didn't entirely expect when I decided to try the VP9, since both are striker fired handguns.
    Last edited by darr3239; 09-26-17 at 16:48.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    I've experienced absolutely nothing with my VP9 that needed to be broken in. It works really well right out of the box.

After shooting Glocks for a couple of decades now, the VP9 was shockingly better in many categories. This was something I didn't entirely expect when I decided to try the VP9, since both are striker fired handguns.
    I had two VP9's went they first came out, but sold them because the finger grooves crowded and pinched my fingers, didn't care for the groove in the trigger guard and I came to the realization that I really prefer pistols closer to the G19 size range, other than that it was a fine pistol, just not for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is no such thing as a handgun that fits everyone perfectly, and you must find what works for you.

I have found my hands to be dead center average sized, both in palm size and finger length. With the interchangeable panels it fits me very well.

One thing about polymer, regardless of the pistol you have you can file down stuff that irritates you, such as finger grooves. It is customization you can do on your own.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    FYI, CZ has modified the pocket on the ambi slide release where the slide release spring is installed so it will not come out by accident anymore. It was not a real common problem but can and does happen on some pistols. I heard if you call CZ they will install the modified part if requested, but I don't know if you can just order the part yourself.I like the takedown levers size and placement and the forward cocking serrations beter on the CZ than on my M&P. I believe CZ will be introducing the CZ P-10 Sub-compact at SHOT this year. Just like the P-10c is just a little larger than the G19 and the new M&P compact, the sub-compact will be just a little larger than the G26 and the S&W Sub-compact pistols, making it an ideal double stack carry pistol.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

450 rounds. (957 Total. Zero Malfunctions)

450 Rounds this week. 300 Blazer Brass, 100 Monarch Steel, 50 Tula Steel.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

1. Zero malfunctions. The gun burned through all this garbage ammo without a hint of drama.

2. The Trigger is a hint better. A little of the minimal chatter in the take-up has gone away. Basically moving from an A trigger to an A+ trigger.

3. The magazine button is a bit better, nothing remarkable. I think most of the folks who say that it loosened up after 500 rounds are really just getting used to the button and making sure to hit it with force.

I left the magazines fully loaded all week to see if it would alleviate the issue with a fully loaded magazine being dificult to eject.

Note: I took a class with Larry Vickers years ago where he advised his students to down load their Glock magazines by one round so that they could be easily seated in the gun during a stress reload. Basically, if you follow this advice with the P10 you will never have the issue with trying to eject a full mag. And again, if you decide you need to eject a fully loaded magazine you just apply a bit of pressure to the magazine base and problem solved. Not a big deal at all..and most of it can be chalked up to people thinking what they are used to is "right." Because people are used to Glocks few people notice how lethargic the mag ejection is on the Glock. I suspect this is because the original gun didn’t even have drop-free mags, and needing to do speed reloads in a gun that holds 17 rounds probably seemed absurd to old man Glock back in 1980. T

4. I did some comparison shooting with my Glock 17. I basically did Bill Drills and 666 drills with both guns using the Glock 17 holster (which fit the CZ fine for these purposes). I noticed that on the first string of 666 (which has a concealed reload) the Glock was faster. But after that, the CZ was faster on every drill. That isn’t bad considering I have been shooting Glocks for 20+ years at this point. That being said, I think it call all be chalked up to the lighter trigger in the CZ (although the modern ergos certainly don’t hurt.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    5. By the way, I haven’t cleaned the gun. I just dropped a little lube on the rails when I first bought it. I haven’t even taken the slide off. My plan is to complete the late great Todd G’s 2000 round challenge before I clean it.
    I am going to order a holster for my Xc1 and some night sights now that I know the gun is going to work.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast