Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    I wonder how much money Glocked saved by cheaping out on this part...

This is kinda sad.
    Flaking or adhesion issues on a plated part is an indication of a poor pretreatment process (cleaning and activation of the base metal surface to be plated). The fact that these parts are getting into customer’s guns is an indication of poor OQC at the plater and poor IQC at Glock - both sides of this transaction missed this issue.

https://advancedplatingtech.com/tech...-plated-layer/

In other Glock news, my 19-3 has now started giving me BTF and a FTE around 600rd. No sign of trigger bar flaking though. Might go back to the VP9.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyHitch View Post
    Flaking or adhesion issues on a plated part is an indication of a poor pretreatment process (cleaning and activation of the base metal surface to be plated). The fact that these parts are getting into customer’s guns is an indication of poor OQC at the plater and poor IQC at Glock - both sides of this transaction missed this issue.

In other Glock news, my 19-3 has now started giving me BTF and a FTE around 600rd. No sign of trigger bar flaking though. Might go back to the VP9.
    It does sound like poor preparation and then lacking proper inspection by Glock. However to assess how serious a problem it is, you would need a numerator and denominator of such instances. Right now, I have a broken VP9 back at HK for repair, and that one experience doesn’t tell much about the VP9 overall.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It does sound like poor preparation and then lacking proper inspection by Glock. However to assess how serious a problem it is, you would need a numerator and denominator of such instances. Right now, I have a broken VP9 back at HK for repair, and that one experience doesn’t tell much about the VP9 overall.
    How'd the VP9 break on you

Feedback Score
    Might go back to the VP9.
    Here's a broken trigger return spring on a local VP9. This one, GJM's, just 1 more before we can start a forum panic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    How'd the VP9 break on you
    Intermittent problem since new, where the trigger doesn’t reset.

Feedback Score

This is true, but it could also be a problem with the process itself. It could also be the wrong process for the base metal, depending on what the plating is.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Intermittent problem since new, where the trigger doesn’t reset.
    That's my biggest reason my CZ's aren't in my night stands.

Man, this is disappointing. Did HK take care of you guys really well or not really?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I believe there are more on other forums. It seems to take a fair amount of rounds to get there though, most people haven’t shot that much yet.
    Mine occurred around the 1,500-1,700 mark on my G43 pictured earlier (I contacted Glock at the 1,700 mark). Mine may be an extreme case for it to happen that soon. I replaced the trigger assembly with a smooth one at that point, so I’ll be keeping an eye on the new trigger bar. I’ve also purchased two G17 trigger assemblies separately in the past year to replace serrated G19 triggers, so I’ll be watching those for flaking too. One of those G17 trigger bars had some significant oxidation(?) on it in the package, with a green film covering it fairly evenly (immediately made me think of the Statue of Liberty). Never seen that before on a new Glock part. I haven’t polished that one yet, but I expect that will clean it up in the spots that matter.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 12-25-17 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Again, to be fair to Glock, the gun has been subjected to 1800 ish rounds of steel TULA without cleaning. I am sure Glock would point out that they do not recommend treating your $550 gun like that.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetonbrown View Post
    Here's a broken trigger return spring on a local VP9. This one, GJM's, just 1 more before we can start a forum panic.
    My VP9 has been solid for 7500rd until I made the switch to the 19-3. Sample size of ones, granted, but these are ones specific to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This is true, but it could also be a problem with the process itself. It could also be the wrong process for the base metal, depending on what the plating is.
    I would assume that after 30 odd years of producing the Plastic Fantastic that Glock would know how to spec plating on their parts and qualify their processes/suppliers but considering that they still haven’t solved BTF, perhaps you’re right.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast