Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    450 Rounds this week. 300 Blazer Brass, 100 Monarch Steel, 50 Tula Steel.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

1. Zero malfunctions. The gun burned through all this garbage ammo without a hint of drama.

2. The Trigger is a hint better. A little of the minimal chatter in the take-up has gone away. Basically moving from an A trigger to an A+ trigger.

3. The magazine button is a bit better, nothing remarkable. I think most of the folks who say that it loosened up after 500 rounds are really just getting used to the button and making sure to hit it with force.

I left the magazines fully loaded all week to see if it would alleviate the issue with a fully loaded magazine being dificult to eject.

Note: I took a class with Larry Vickers years ago where he advised his students to down load their Glock magazines by one round so that they could be easily seated in the gun during a stress reload. Basically, if you follow this advice with the P10 you will never have the issue with trying to eject a full mag. And again, if you decide you need to eject a fully loaded magazine you just apply a bit of pressure to the magazine base and problem solved. Not a big deal at all..and most of it can be chalked up to people thinking what they are used to is "right." Because people are used to Glocks few people notice how lethargic the mag ejection is on the Glock. I suspect this is because the original gun didn’t even have drop-free mags, and needing to do speed reloads in a gun that holds 17 rounds probably seemed absurd to old man Glock back in 1980. T

4. I did some comparison shooting with my Glock 17. I basically did Bill Drills and 666 drills with both guns using the Glock 17 holster (which fit the CZ fine for these purposes). I noticed that on the first string of 666 (which has a concealed reload) the Glock was faster. But after that, the CZ was faster on every drill. That isn’t bad considering I have been shooting Glocks for 20+ years at this point. That being said, I think it call all be chalked up to the lighter trigger in the CZ (although the modern ergos certainly don’t hurt.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    5. By the way, I haven’t cleaned the gun. I just dropped a little lube on the rails when I first bought it. I haven’t even taken the slide off. My plan is to complete the late great Todd G’s 2000 round challenge before I clean it.
    I am going to order a holster for my Xc1 and some night sights now that I know the gun is going to work.
    Looks like you've got yourself a solid pistol.. very nice. Any other updates? I think I'm going to rent one today, compare it to my 19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All this stuff about mag releases. Every button gun has challenges, fixes, extensions, mods, blah blah. If folks used paddles a la P99 no troubles no mods.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with the paddle mag releases that I had on my PPQ and VP9 pistols that I used to own, I liked them. But the * factory* button mag releases on my P-10C, Glock Gen 5 and my M&P compact work just fine for me also, I feel no need to modify them at all. I don't feel the least bit hindered by them in anyway. Of coarse YMMV

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    You mean paddles like the H&K P7M series!

I would love paddles on this gun. Oh yeah, that would just be a vp9
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    You mean paddles like the H&K P7M series!

I would love paddles on this gun. Oh yeah, that would just be a vp9
    Wouldn't the P10C be a little smaller than the VP9?
    Agreed on paddles, I honestly find them to be nicer. And this coming from a man who cut his teeth on a Glock. So.....
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    All this stuff about mag releases. Every button gun has challenges, fixes, extensions, mods, blah blah. If folks used paddles a la P99 no troubles no mods.
    Especially considering CZ used a very paddle-like design on the inside (when either mag release button is depressed it basically cams the release to rotate forward), it would be excellent if they at some point made one for the European market that found its way over here. The mags would already be good to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My point on the paddles is simply that it is better. Especially the newer HK and the long Walther design. It is ambi by design and in the case of the longer ones, provides max leverage. Many manufacturers have had to change over the years, because typically people's thumbs are not long enough to reach AND have enough leverage. Wait till you push 60 and need advantages. Also - training - you can train out of buttons and into paddles in 5 min. Ask a lefty - use the shooting trigger finger and you're done. While I haven't DUMPED my button guns, I much prefer paddles now - they are just better. My hand stays PERFECTLY positioned for re-engagement while dropping mags.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am with you, paddles are great. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem likely to catch on.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    After owning two P2000sk's, and I still own a USPc .40, the paddles are my preferred mag release. I have never understood why anyone would have a problem with them, it is so easy to drop the mag with my right middle finger.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Roger! Very unfortunate.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast