Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    I am extremely impressed with the MP 2.0. The 2.0C is the gun Smith should've come out with 10 years ago. Best pistol out there for the money, IMO. The only pistol I like more is the P30L LEM, but it's a few hundred more in cost.

Feedback Score
    it sound like your m&p is a little more than a hobby gun now.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I picked up a 2.0C last week and put 300 rounds down range this past Saturday with it. Easily as accurate as my G19 and the trigger is better. I broke it down the day I got it and and gave it a basic cleaning and lube. The started dry firing it. Once at the range I loaded up some mags and started out shooting at 10 yards. Nothing but the 10 ring. 15 and 20 yards all rounds were in the 9 and 10 rings. 25 yards and things opened up a bit. Mostly me causing it though. Just need some more time with it. Other than that my G19 will end up being a hand me down to my Son once he turns 21 next year.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I picked up a 2.0C last week and put 300 rounds down range this past Saturday with it. Easily as accurate as my G19 and the trigger is better. I broke it down the day I got it and and gave it a basic cleaning and lube. The started dry firing it. Once at the range I loaded up some mags and started out shooting at 10 yards. Nothing but the 10 ring. 15 and 20 yards all rounds were in the 9 and 10 rings. 25 yards and things opened up a bit. Mostly me causing it though. Just need some more time with it. Other than that my G19 will end up being a hand me down to my Son once he turns 21 next year.
    Good to hear the 2.0C is working out for your right off the bat.

For me it took two range sessions before I started to get good vibes from mine. I've had over 5000 rounds through 4 different M&P 1.0, from the compact to the Pro, so I'm not new to the M&P. For some reason the first range session with my own 2.0C was not a good outing. I couldn't shoot any drills with respectable results from it. It was accurate when I shot from the bench and doing accuracy shots. But when the buzzer went off I was throwing bullets all over. I was quite disappointed. Then the second time at the range it all came together. I started to shoot scores similar to what I was used to with the 1.0 full size.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

For me it took two range sessions before I started to get good vibes from mine. I've had over 5000 rounds through 4 different M&P 1.0, from the compact to the Pro, so I'm not new to the M&P. For some reason the first range session with my own 2.0C was not a good outing. I couldn't shoot any drills with respectable results from it. It was accurate when I shot from the bench and doing accuracy shots. But when the buzzer went off I was throwing bullets all over. I was quite disappointed. Then the second time at the range it all came together. I started to shoot scores similar to what I was used to with the 1.0 full size.

That's where i'm at right now. I'm throwing shots all over that are tight groupings with my 75 and my VP9. I need more work with it I guess.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

My range time with it was just basic drills and shooting at various distances to get a feel for the weapon. I do like the flat trigger I have on my G19 and definitely plan of swapping out the OEM trigger on the 2.0 for the Apex FSS. So far I really like this weapon. We will see how it fares over time though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    All my guns other than my j-frame and 870 are hobby guns.
    While it would be absolutely no fun at all, I wish that I had the wisdom to have stopped with just those. Great reviews, Greg. I have really enjoyed finding and reading through the thread.

Feedback Score
    Greg, thanks for all the break my XXX Threads. They have informed my decisions.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I too, would like to see this. In the past 9 months i have seen an increase in the interest and popularity of the PX4 series. Like people are starting to move back to the SA/DA guns.
    You still need to torture test a PX4 Compact.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 06-04-18 at 18:59.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Just passed the 4k mark with my M&P 2.0C (4062). I have shot nothing but Wolf and Tula steel (with the exception of 50 Gold Dots and a handful of HST and Gold Saber). It remains my favorite striker gun. It ticks off all the "ONE GUN!" boxes. It is reasonably compact, accurate, good trigger, and totally AK reliable. I have been carrying it a when I am not carrying my J-Frame. It is definitely the gun I recommend now when someone asks me what to get. I am in the process of buying some land and I am about to have to sell off some of my collection, and the M&P 2.0C is definitely staying. I have been running it withy my less than reliable XC1 (although I do have an RMA to surefire, hopefully they will get just send me a newer model.

Again, this M&P 2.0c seems to be at or near the top of the heap as far as the newer crop of striker fired plastiguns. If I had to think of a negative it would be that holsters aren't quite as plentiful as Glock or 1911 holsters, and the stippling on the grip rubs on my belly fat.
    Thanks for the info. You sold me. I'm looking to trade my G19 Gen 5 for one.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast