Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Totally agree as well. I’d switch to paddle CZs in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The CZ sounds really interesting - although I'm not ready to jump into a new pistol model anytime soon, I always like to look...

However, I'm a little concerned about the reliability issue demonstrated in this review. I've been watching Barrett Fawbush's videos lately, and while he isn't the most technical reviewer, I find him entertaining and like his practical, down-to-earth take on the products he reviews. At about the 6 minute mark in this video, he puts that P-10C through his "reliability test" that involves dunking it in dirt, sand, and then water. Both the dirt and sand tests induce failures to feed:

The Quest for the Best out of the Box Handgun - CZ-P10c Part 1

I don't normally rub my pistols in the dirt, but I'd like to be confident that they will function if dropped in the woods, involved in a scrap on the ground, etc. I know that my M9 has certainly gotten that dirty at work before. I'm just curious if anyone has seen anything like this with their own CZs.

EDIT: The pistol performed very well in the MAC torture test:

Torture Test of the CZ P10C 9mm

Not sure what the reason is for the different results, unless Fawbush ended up with a slight lemon.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 10-14-17 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am going to hit 2k tomorrow, God willing. I did some interesting comparisons on times agains a b92, p30, G17, etc. results to follow.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great thread. I am looking for a new pistol to shoot in IDPA. I am looking between a G19 (still miss the one I traded off) and the P10c.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Not sure what the reason is for the different results, unless Fawbush ended up with a slight lemon.
    There is no scientific validity to any of the YouTube ‘torture tests’ - any gun can succeed or fail based on the pure luck of a grain of sand or speck of dirt getting in one particular spot. You can see videos of Hi Points running through everything and Glocks failing miserably. They’re non-scientific and a sample size of one.

Long range durability of a large sample size is the only really valid comparison but obviously that requires time and a pretty sizable budget.

Now videos of design issues that lead to malfunctions (ie P320) are a totally differen issue.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    There is no scientific validity to any of the YouTube ‘torture tests’ - any gun can succeed or fail based on the pure luck of a grain of sand or speck of dirt getting in one particular spot. You can see videos of Hi Points running through everything and Glocks failing miserably. They’re non-scientific and a sample size of one.

Long range durability of a large sample size is the only really valid comparison but obviously that requires time and a pretty sizable budget.

Now videos of design issues that lead to malfunctions (ie P320) are a totally differen issue.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I also picked up a gen5 g19 for comparison. Should be interesting.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Good video. The P10C uses the P07 mags. The original P07 mags use to hold 16 rounds. CZ took the P07 and now P10C mags down to 15 rounds to make them easier to load and seat. I still think the stiff mag release is part of the ambi design. With a full mag that you usually don't want to drop it. With the mag empty it flies right out like it should. The FNS is the only other full ambi push button safety that I know of. If you bump the outside mag button on the FNS while in the holster, the mag easily pops out. I do think it is quirky kind of like my first issued G17 mags didn't drop free. Something we were just not use to. Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your results. David

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Let the games begin!!! No, not really. It looks like the P10 may be getting cut loose...

Last edited by HD1911; 10-15-17 at 09:11.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast