Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Well, I broke down and bought one. I have been looking for a new striker wondergun since my 320 decided to be a piece of crap. I considered a gen 5G19 or waiting for the M&P compact but nah. Initial observations...

1. Great trigger. Squarely in the Vp9/ppq class of negligent discharge enhancing fancy Glock triggers,

2. Great feel. I went back and forth between this and a gen 5 G19 at a shop and there is no getting past the fact that th cz has better ergos.

3. Basically another super Glock.

I took it to the range and shot 150 blazer brass and 50 Wolf. Ran fine. Very easy gun to shoot straight.

A few thoughts on common criticisms...

Slide release. I played with 5. I had zero issues with any of them.

Mag release. As a right handed shooter, no problem. If you were a lefty I think the right side button is stiffer. I am not a devil child so I have no problem. Honestly, it feels almost exactly like my old fnx.

Well, barring early disaster I will do my usual deal and shoot 200-500 rnds through it a week until something gets weird—or I get bored.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This should be interesting. Did you consider the FN509 at all?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    —or I get bored.
    When you get bored, sell it to me, I'll give you cash and holster for a 92.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Vegas,

Nah, I already had a FNX and it was awesome. My guess is the 509 is awesome too,

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

507 Rounds

200 rounds blazer brass
    50 rounds Wolf
    30 Rounds 124 Gold Dot +P
    15 Rounds 124 Golden Saber +P
    12 Rounds of 147 Grain HST
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Rounds: 507, Malfunctions: 0, Cleanings: 0

Today's Tally...

200 rounds blazer brass
    50 rounds Wolf
    30 Rounds 124 Gold Dot +P
    15 Rounds 124 Golden Saber +P
    12 Rounds of 147 Grain HST

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Well, I took her out for some Shooting today. No malfunctions but a few lessons...

THE GOOD:

1. ZERO malfunctions. Not even a hint.
    2. Superb mechanical and practical Accuracy.
    3. Right out of the box I am closing in on some of my fastest Bill drill averages. This gun is blazing fast, which I chalk up to the trigger.

THE BAD:

The stippling on the back strap is too harsh. I didn't notice it yesterday during my 200 round test drive, but after 200 more today my hand started getting a bit tender. Yes I am a wus. I put some duct tape on the back strap and problem solved. I don't think I would bother filing them down, because it only appears after long strings, and really does help your grip. Very "early USP."

The stiff mag release is stiff. Basically, it doesn't seem like an issue until you are doing something like a 6/6/6 drill where you are doing a lot of mag changes. My first three were terrible. Maybe an additional .5 seconds (essentially it was like a flubbed change every time). After that, things settled down as I got used to the stiffness and made sure to depress the button with a little more force. By the end my performance was average. It is overblown, but not nothing. Kind of like learning to use the HK paddles when you are used to a standard mag button.

The Quirky:

But there is a weird quirk where the tension on the mag release is absurdly tight when a full 15 round magazine is seated on a closed action. Basically, you will need to apply a slight bit of pressure to the base pad with your support hand to get it to release easily. It doesn't effect shooting because it ejects fine when the magazine is empty or down by a round. I can't imagine why you would be one hand dumping a full mag. Still, it is weird.

My theory is the magazines are too short. They tried to stuff 15 rounds in a 13 round mag. The long mag is a 15 round Berretta mag (the foundation of a lot of modern double stack mags, sig, etc), the shortest is a 13 round HK P2000 mag, and the CZ mag is the mag that is barely any longer than the 13 round mag. Obviously, there is a bit more angle to the CZ mag. Also, you can load the HK and Beretta mags without strain. The CZ takes a bit of a shove.

I know I am not reinventing the wheel here, I am just reporting what I am seeing.

So, in summary, the gun is fast and reliable, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I really appreciate this.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks for the update Greg.

I have parted ways with the Glock series of guns but I'd appreciate if anyone could sit a G19 mag beside the P-10/-07 mag.

If you all may remember, the original P-07 mag was 16 rounds (assumedly to have 'more' than the 19) and was absurd to even think of loading 16. It was doable with a mag loader and a lot of force. They backed it down to 15 later on. The P-07 and P-10C mags are identical aside from the -10 mags having a cutout for the ambi release (which the newer -07 mags have as well), so I've always thought of the 15 rounders as very reasonably loaded.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Excellent feedback Greg. Well stated. My experience and sentiment with the P10C mimics yours, thus far.

Feedback Score
    The p10c was a bit disappointing for me, I found no reason for it to substitute for my PPQ's, CZ PO7's, or VP9's which, for me, shoot better, and are more accurate (in my hands).

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast