Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hindsight being 20/20, by you saying ‘no malfunctions ‘, I should’ve known better... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    No. I would definitely note that if I saw it. No problems thus far but I am keeping an eye out.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    What about the M&P Compact 2.0?

I just picked one of these up last Thursday. I only have 500 rounds through it. The only "malfunction" was one failure of the slide to lick back after the last round. This was caused by my thumb riding the slide release.

S&W has resolved their M&P 9mm accuracy issues with the 2.0 and the trigger is on par with the rest of the striker fired guns with good triggers. The 2.0 Compact should turn out to be a great gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    Just for a data point, neither of my two will rotate (even under a fair bit of pressure) far enough to interfere. If I rotate them to the stop and let the slide go (either from slide lock or letting it down slowly) it clears the frame cutout. One has a few thousand rounds through it. I'm not sure if something they did caused it, but it's causing me no concern and no way I'd move away from the platform at this point unless a serious defect was found. It's miles ahead of the Gen 3/4/5 Glocks for me.
    Well, my p-10 does it,(was bought this spring, has about 1500rnds on it) and it's not that hard to do, either.. I'm thinking there needs to be a cutout in the backplate for the striker assembly to lock into. I think this would solve the problem. The big unknown here, is what happens when these guns get some rounds/wear&tear on them.. I'm thinking they'll start doing this alot easier. For now, and because of this, I've quit carrying mine. If this were to happen at a time when you needed the gun to work, and this happens, your remedial action options are limited. I'm hoping CZ has a fix in the works, as I see this as a problem that needs addressed, and quickly.
    Last edited by ralph; 10-16-17 at 18:01.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obagual View Post
    Why is it going to get cut loose?

Among the main reasons are: Comrades running the same platform, parts availability (OEM and aftermarket), magazine availability (prices too), my own ability to thoroughly maintain Glocks, tools, holster availability, sights availability, the fact that the Glock design has proven itself over so many years, etc. Really just the whole program that goes with supporting, maintaining, and staying operational with a Glock. I'm looking at the Total Program. I'm also thoroughly familiar with Glock. I think the P10, even along with the VP9, of which I own both, are phenomenal shooting pistols btw.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Well, I have gone completely bonkers. I now have a Smith and Wesson 2.0 compact. I took it out this weekend and, guess what? It is also amazing. That means I have on had the top 3 “new hotness” compact handguns of 2017. Here is my crazy plan...

I am going to shoot each of them 200 rounds per week. I am going to clean them at 1000 round intervals and note the wear at each stage. I am also going to shoot them in mixed drills and compare the times. Each week I will shoot them with the same ammunition. I want to keep this fairly simple to manage, so I am planning to do the following....

1. 3 Sets of Bill Drills for each gun. I will “warm up” with one gun a few times before switching to the other to begin recording times.

2. 3 Sets of 6/6/6 Drills for each gun. This incorporates a reload.

I will do other drills (occasional El Prez, etc) and make notes, but I think those drills will keep the measurements simple.

I have already passed 2000 rounds with the and have around 200 each through the Glock and M&P. For the Next few weeks I will do the drills with all three but focus the rest of my shooting on the Glock and M&P until I make the 2k point. I will not be cleaning or oiling the Glock or M&P to see if they can reach the 2k point without maintenance (the P10 has already made this point).

Any other (sane) requests will be considered.

Each of the pistols have three dot green night sights and factory triggers. Each drill will be run from a raven concealment OWB holster. It appears that I can actually run all of the guns with my M&P fullsize Raven holster without issue. This should minimize any equipment variations.

I ran 200 rounds through the M&P on Sunday. It has the exact same POI as the CZ, which will be an advantage. As noted before I shoot an inch higher with my G19 (with Trijicon three dots). But that should not be an issue with the drills.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

The M&P ran flawlessly with WWB. So did the Glock and CZ. I noticed the following...

1. M&P ergonomics are perfect for me. The grip, mag and slide release, etc all work easily with no adjustment to my normal grip.
    2. The Trigger is good. I would say it is roughly the same in quality as the G19. However, both of them are heavier than the CZ but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
    3. Paper accuracy wasn’t as good as the G19 or CZ. This might be a fluke, because I have more time with the others. But I did notice a flyer or two during bullseye practice. I will keep an eye on this.
    4. The overall quality and design philosophy of the M&P seemed a little more mature than the other two (think the CZ’s mag release and the Glocks goofy slide/frame bevel and afterthought slide release levers).
    5. The M&P has an extremely aggressive grip texture. My friend Dan seemed a bit taken aback by this. I really like it, but then again, I like guns with a lot of texturing.

Trivia note! 9mm rounds with light primer strikes from a full auto UZI SMG run fine through the CZ....

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

CZ P10 2084 rounds fired, 0 malfunctions, 1 cleaning at 2000 rounds.

G19 468 rounds fired, 0 malfunctions, 0 cleanings

M&P 200 rounds fired, 0 malfunctions, 0 cleanings

Best Bill Drills (by order of testing)

CZ (1.49 draw/ 3.04 overall)
    M&P (1.41 draw /2.98 overall)
    G19 (1.42 draw/2.85 overall)

Best 6/6/6 from concealment drill of the week (by order of testing):

MP (1.57 draw/2.79 reload/5.73 overall)
    Glock19 (1.54 draw/2.71 reload/5.5 overall)
    CZ (1.49 draw/ 2.67 reload/ 5.34 overall)

You will notice that I am not that fast these days and humorously my draw times from concealment were basically as fast and unconcealed once I was "warmed up." 2. the "winner" tends to be the last one because by then I am totally warmed up.

ZERO issues with Glock "brass to face" or CZ striker issues.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks for the update Greg, and looking forward to your further info. A great time we live in with so many great choices.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Are you going to sell me the 2.0 compact when you're done with your diabolical plan?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Are you going to sell me the 2.0 compact when you're done with your diabolical plan?
    I’ll buy the Gen5 19!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I don't know! Each of these guns has impressed the hell out of me. I tend to like each one of the "best" depending on the phase of the moon. Plus Beretta 92 is best!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Please include that VP9.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast