Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock 46 - G19 sized 9mm with rotating barrel

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

New Glock 46 - G19 sized 9mm with rotating barrel

Looks like Glock has a new 19 sized pistol that has a rotating barrel. From what I've been able to gather it's to meet a new German Police requirement of being able to be stripped without pulling the trigger, but the barrel looks to have a lower bore axis (like an Arsenal Strike One).

Here's a German magazine article on Gen 5's and starting on page 7 info on the 46.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9h...NCdk5rckk/view
    Last edited by kaltesherz; 09-23-17 at 23:33.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want one. If for no other reason than science.

Where the **** are the 44 and 45 though...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I want one. If for no other reason than science.

Where the **** are the 44 and 45 though...
    My guess is the MHS in 9mm and .40
    PRAISE THE FALLEN

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very possible. They did re brand the M series the gen 5 when they brought it to the market. It would make sense that they re brand the MHS as well. There is enough different to warrant the new number designation.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    WOW! BTF finally fixed!!!

Germans! Please translate!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can't read German, maybe somebody could help:

What's the deal with the back plate? And why a rotating barrel?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    WOW! BTF finally fixed!!!

Germans! Please translate!
    For some reason I doubt this pistol will be forthcoming to the public. Bavarian Police want a pistol that can strip without pulling trigger. This is Glock's entrant to that bid.

Maybe it will show up, but the advantages or disadvantages vs a Glock 19 are unknown. Given Glock's recent history with new models, not sure I'd want to be a beta tester for that or not.

Feedback Score
    The American market probably wont be happy with this handgun except for its novelty. Rotating barrel designs don't tilt to accommodate feeding. My initial guess is that this pistol wont be to friendly to anything but ball ammunition.

The redesign and operation of the firing pin safety and a second plunger at the right of the slide has got my attention.

There's also what looks like a pin to depress said plunger installed in the frame.

With the slide lock gone, its hard to see what is being used to retain the slide.

All that... I want one.

2017-09-24_6-06-14.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sadler View Post
    The American market probably wont be happy with this handgun except for its novelty. Rotating barrel designs don't tilt to accommodate feeding. My initial guess is that this pistol wont be to friendly to anything but ball ammunition.
    My Beretta PX4 never had such an issue... nor have I seen anyone really point out those problems since 2004. If it was a hard issue to design around, likely would have heard something about it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sadler View Post
    With the slide lock gone, its hard to see what is being used to retain the slide.
    I would guess the barrel locks up to the frame and slide when in battery, moves backwards under recoil, then unlocks from frame and slide.

I would think to strip the slide, lock it back, rotate the barrel past a detent, release the slide and it all goes forward off frame. I would say likely like older Browning pistol designs.

Unsure if I’d want one. If it’s 19 size, does it take 19 magazines? Fit in 19 holsters? Sights? I’d have to know all that before I’d even consider it...

The rotating barrel should soak up some recoil, but my current Glock at the moment is a 30S... which pretty much is a .45 19. No issue with the standard design and that caliber, so I don’t have an issue with it in 9mm. I’d be interested if it fits some of the holsters I already have, but it would definitely be a purchase when I have nothing else to buy, but still want a new gun.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    With a lower bore axis (looks almost like a HK P7 from the front) I'd think it would have faster follow up shots.

The backplate is appears to be how they decock without pulling the trigger.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast