Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock 46 - G19 sized 9mm with rotating barrel

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Had a fella just this week shoot himself in the leg while disassembling what I assume was a Glock.
    http://idahostatejournal.com/news/lo...5a1e7f70e.html
    "Police said the man was in a truck parked in the 1000 block of East Center Street around 10:15 a.m. when he decided to disassemble a .45-caliber pistol. The gun had a round in the chamber and while the man was taking the firearm apart it discharged, wounding him in the leg, police said."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Had a fella just this week shoot himself in the leg while disassembling what I assume was a Glock.
    http://idahostatejournal.com/news/lo...5a1e7f70e.html
    "Police said the man was in a truck parked in the 1000 block of East Center Street around 10:15 a.m. when he decided to disassemble a .45-caliber pistol. The gun had a round in the chamber and while the man was taking the firearm apart it discharged, wounding him in the leg, police said."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Can never be too careful!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sadler View Post
    The American market probably wont be happy with this handgun except for its novelty. Rotating barrel designs don't tilt to accommodate feeding. My initial guess is that this pistol wont be to friendly to anything but ball ammunition.
    Attachment 47633
    I can always be proven wrong, but your suggestion, that the tilting barrel design better accommodates the feeding cycle, is baseless. There are and have been a plethora of handgun designs where the barrel is fixed or maintains its horizontal alignment and they do not suffer from feeding issues: the P-08, P38, Beretta 92, not to mention P7s and PX4s. And that's only talking handguns. I don't know of any short recoil locked breech tilting barrel sub guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    Looks like Glock has a new 19 sized pistol that has a rotating barrel ... to meet a new German Police requirement of being able to be stripped without pulling the trigger
    It eludes me how it is necessary to go from perfected ("Glock Perfection") Browning tilting barrel design to (usually) troublesome rotating barrel just to be able to strip pistol without pulling the trigger.

I just stripped my polymer framed, striker fired, tilting barrel pistol without pulling the trigger.

Just mine (sarcastic) 0.03zł
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    VP9? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    It eludes me how it is necessary to go from perfected ("Glock Perfection") Browning tilting barrel design to (usually) troublesome rotating barrel just to be able to strip pistol without pulling the trigger.

I just stripped my polymer framed, striker fired, tilting barrel pistol without pulling the trigger.

Just mine (sarcastic) 0.03zł
    Yeah, I can't think of many/any rotating barrel designs that stick in my mind.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    VP9? LOL

Beretta makes a bunch
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    VP9? LOL

Are you kidding or being sarcastic? Like another member already said, Beretta make rotating barrel pistols in their PX4 system.

Imitation is the most sincere form of forgery.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget the glorious Colt 2000.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 09-26-17 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    In addition Beretta here a some other rotating barrel pistols...

Stoeger cougar
    Colt 2000
    Grand Power K100/P1
    Boberg XR9
    Hell JMB made one in 1897

Not a new concept for sure.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 09-26-17 at 15:30.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast