Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Forced to buy NFA....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Definitely an option, and better than adjustable in my opinion. I question the materials and design's ability to resist erosion over time with most adjustable gas blocks. Plus you need to adjust it to the proper amount of gas.

The SB or cut down barrel will run without needing any adjustment.

And again this is for a "better" option. You can run the 6933 while you decide if and what you want to do.
    I like the noveske but like running longer hand guards more. Wish I could have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm fairly new to suppressed SBR's, but have 1000ish or so rounds thru two different uppers running with a suprressor. I have a BCM 11.5 and it runs reliably with an older SF can (556-212), H3 buffer, blue spring and LMT e-carrier. Gas to the face is a problem though, especially when running 556 ammo (CBC 77gr OTM and BH 77gr TMK). Recently, while running this set up thru a drill, I got quite a mouthful of the gas. Pretty much ended my shooting for the day when I became nauseous. This occurred in a controlled environment at an outdoor range, so I can only imagine the impact it could have on someone under stress in a gun fight.

I also have an upper built with a Sionics RGP 11.5 barrel, with an LMT-E carrier and A5H4/green spring set up. It too gives gas to the face when running it fast paced. From what I understand, the SF SOCOM suppressor has less gas to the face, but I still think its something to concerned about. Something to consider with whatever set up you are running.
    Last edited by nightchief; 10-03-17 at 02:07. Reason: missing word

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you run any gun, even a perfectly set up suppressed gun and you run it very hard, you will get some gas to the face. Its just the nature of the beast. You do make a good point for someone that has never shot suppressed, much like suppressors are not silencers kinda thing.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    silencershop kiosk places will typically price match

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456