Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See Through Suppressor in Super Slow Motion

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

See Through Suppressor in Super Slow Motion

I figured this would have been put up by now. Saw it on TOS.

Very very fascinating.

Feedback Score
    I wish the vid had spent more time with explaining the suppression and the dB results. Cool vid none the less.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Definitely cool to watch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very informative, I am amazed the see through outer tube of cast acrylic survived on a couple of them. I would have though the hoop stress would have blown them all to little bits!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    I wish the vid had spent more time with explaining the suppression and the dB results. Cool vid none the less.
    The video on his second channel has some sound data which shows the suppressor tested is less than stellar.
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I’ll check it out. I have never heard of this suppressor company.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    The video on his second channel has some sound data which shows the suppressor tested is less than stellar.
    The testing protocol may be different.

What's really interesting is the suppressor being shot at 3:39. You can see that it has two different styles of chambers and the second works to extinguish the flames inside the can. What causes the flames is the hot gasses mixing with oxygen and reigniting. This mixing and igniting is what causes muzzle flash. Flash hiders work by dispersing, cooling and slowing the mixing of the gasses with the air outside the bore as the gasses exit. I wonder if this extinguishing action works to eliminate first round pop
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The testing protocol may be different.

What's really interesting is the suppressor being shot at 3:39. You can see that it has two different styles of chambers and the second works to extinguish the flames inside the can. What causes the flames is the hot gasses mixing with oxygen and reigniting. This mixing and igniting is what causes muzzle flash. Flash hiders work by dispersing, cooling and slowing the mixing of the gasses with the air outside the bore as the gasses exit. I wonder if this extinguishing action works to eliminate first round pop
    I saw there was a longer video but I have not watched it yet. First blush I was pretty excited to see how the different designs worked with respect to flame propagation.

The propaganda from the suppressor I bought mentions using supersonic vortices inside to extend the time mixing for 50% longer than any other suppressor on the market. Good for bolt guns and keeping the muzzle noise down. Of course they used CFD and have aerospace experience.

You can make the acrylic pretty fat and now have a poor mans way to visualize the flow without the hassle of CFD... well, assuming you can find that camera for decent price. 10 years ago a similar camera was $75,000.

Anywho, I showed this video to an ME I just hired and said we need to start our own suppressor company.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    I saw there was a longer video but I have not watched it yet. First blush I was pretty excited to see how the different designs worked with respect to flame propagation.

The propaganda from the suppressor I bought mentions using supersonic vortices inside to extend the time mixing for 50% longer than any other suppressor on the market. Good for bolt guns and keeping the muzzle noise down. Of course they used CFD and have aerospace experience.

You can make the acrylic pretty fat and now have a poor mans way to visualize the flow without the hassle of CFD... well, assuming you can find that camera for decent price. 10 years ago a similar camera was $75,000.

Anywho, I showed this video to an ME I just hired and said we need to start our own suppressor company.
    Supersonic vortices sound interesting. Care to divulge the company?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Supersonic vortices sound interesting. Care to divulge the company?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    https://cruxsuppressors.com/pages/our-science

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast