Thread: Glock 17 Trigger Reset

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Glock 17 Trigger Reset

Hey all,

So recently I picked up a lightly used Gen 4 Glock 17. I have a little time with Glocks but most of my handgun shooting has been with Sig P series guns with SRT's installed. For the 17, I just installed a Ghost Edge connector which I feel is a nice improvement. Without going to a full drop in set up, is there anything that can shorten up the reset?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    An extra power trigger spring will snap it back a little faster. Not shorter but it might have the same effect.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can either have a New York trigger spring or a Gen 5 trigger mechanism housing installed. Either one should shorten the reset. You'll have to have someone who is a certified Glock Armorer order the parts from Glock for you.

I took the Glock Armorers course last week and we got to install New York triggers into Gen 4 guns as well as disassemble and learn to work on the new Gen 5 pistols. I specifically asked our instructor if the Gen 5 trigger pack would work in the previous generation 17 & 19, and he said it would.

The only problem with going the Gen 5 trigger pack route is that you're going to have to wait until those spare parts are available.
    Last edited by TexHill; 09-25-17 at 09:37.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago