Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt IAR6940 Progress

Feedback Score

Colt IAR6940 Progress

One step closer to piecing together a semi-auto Colt Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR). While surfing GunBroker I found an LE6940 lower receiver set for sale. I had to have it to put on my IAR6940 upper receiver. I have a VLTOR Emod stock ordered to make the stock correct. I still need to buy a Colt charging handle and Colt bolt carrier group to make it a complete functioning weapon.

pix534140347.jpg
    IAR 3.jpg
    IAR 4.jpg

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    You'll need a TA11 ACOG SDO to go with it, too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where did you get the upper?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Where did you get the upper?
    Two places have the uppers advertised. Aimsurplus and US Armamant Corporation. I tried to buy from Aim Surplus first but kind of got the run around. I then learned about US Armament Corporation. They are actually the company that manufacturers the uppers for Colt. They have them listed at https://www.usarmcorp.com/parts/part-list. I had a flawless transaction with great communication through USARMCORP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Why do you state the TA11 SDO?

I'm curious as I have never seen any optics referenced in the prototype phase of the IAR trials. Mexico is the only country to actively use the IAR and the photos that I have seen show iron sights.

Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman1636 View Post
    Two places have the uppers advertised. Aimsurplus and US Armamant Corporation. I tried to buy from Aim Surplus first but kind of got the run around. I then learned about US Armament Corporation. They are actually the company that manufacturers the uppers for Colt. They have them listed at https://www.usarmcorp.com/parts/part-list. I had a flawless transaction with great communication through USARMCORP.
    Didn't know they were for sale. Cool project! I would like to see more pics. Could we get some shots of the internals of that beast? I'm curious what that heat sink looks like and how it attaches to the barrel. Could we get you to disassemble it and snap some shots?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Looks like a cool project! How much does that upper weigh? I imagine it makes for a pretty nose heavy rifle.

Feedback Score
    I'm deployed right now. I have not handled the upper yet. My wife sent me several photos of the upper when it arrived at the house. I will take and post more detailed photos when I get home in December.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Did some research...I like your recommendation. That just may be the optic to get. Pricey but would be optimal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman1636 View Post
    I'm deployed right now. I have not handled the upper yet. My wife sent me several photos of the upper when it arrived at the house. I will take and post more detailed photos when I get home in December.
    Awesome! Until then, stay safe!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast