Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeiss Conquest DL Help

Feedback Score
    Will check the holes per your advice.

I assume I can buy just the screws for the bases too somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Those screws look really, really weird. Only time I've seen that is when I forcefully screwed a screw into a hole that wasn't fully threaded. I would make sure the receiver holes are fully drilled and fully threaded, and don't have metal shavings or something blocking the threads, before putting new screws in. Best way to do this is with a tap of the correct size. Those aren't too expensive to buy, but depending on your skills and preferences you may want to take this to a gunsmith.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    Will check the holes per your advice.
    I assume I can buy just the screws for the bases too somewhere?
    If you know the size, a well stocked hardware store will probably have them. Especially if you're in a hunting area.

Option B, you can buy packages of common gun screw sizes at the various gun accessory outlets (Brownells, Midway) or Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/Pachmayr-Ma...mith+screw+set).

Feedback Score
    Here are pics of the holes. The front one has shavings in it. The back one is pretty clean. No visable shavings at least
    Both (front on bottom)
    IMG_9380.jpg
    Front
    IMG_9378.jpg
    Back
    IMG_9381.jpg

Feedback Score
    Alright guys I had the scope remounted and worked on by a gunsmith yesterday. Sure enough it's a ring issue with the talley lightweight rings. He mounted it and from it's mechanical zero had to go all the way up in elevation just to bore sight it. So he shimmed it so we could get to a bore sight/mechanical zero at the same point. that leaves me 57 clicks up in elevation now. he shimmed it with 15 pieces under the bases and 10 in the rings.

I'm confident that it'll work fine now but I'm not thrilled with a shimmed scope. I know it's been done for years and years. any reason to doubt this setup?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12