Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Church Shooting stopped by armed citizen (9/24/17 - Tennessee)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Recent Church Shooting stopped by armed citizen (9/24/17 - Tennessee)

Media, per usual, other than a few, crickets on that little fact. He he not done that, would have been far worse. Had he not had to run out to his car to get it, might not have happened at all:

Tennessee church usher who stopped gunman is hailed as 'hero'

A young church usher who confronted the suspect accused of opening fire at a church in Antioch, Tenn., on Sunday, is a “hero,” according to police — and his family says that's no surprise at all.

Robert Engle, 22, an usher with the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ, saw the suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson, and jumped to stop him, according to witnesses.

Engle “physically engaged” with Samson, investigators added. Ultimately the suspect was shot, and Engle suffered a “significant injury around his head” after being pistol-whipped.

Engle then ran to his car, grabbed a gun, and held the gunman at gunpoint until law enforcement arrived, witnesses said.

Cont:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24...d-as-hero.html
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Wonder if he thinks leaving it the car is the best option now?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    It's a damn shame you have to carry even in church, but that's the world we live in. I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    It's a damn shame you have to carry even in church, but that's the world we live in. I don't see it getting better anytime soon.
    Hell the pastor of my church recently applied for his permit. I've been carrying there for years now. The pastor knows and approves. At one point damn near half the congregation carried at least one gun. Maybe four others in the church know I have a gun on me. ****ed up world it is.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    If anything, it's a nut magnet. Surprised churches have not been a more common target, but I also suspect the reason they have not been (relative to others) is churches have a history of people in them willing and able to protect themselves and nuts tend to follow the successes of other nuts.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Problem is he was not carrying! I read that his weapon was in his car. Bet he wishes he had it on him after getting pistol whipped!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    I want to live in a world where you can leave your doors unlocked at night. The criminals and crazies are either locked up or dead. People are polite to each other.

Anybody want to join me?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Problem is he was not carrying! I read that his weapon was in his car. Bet he wishes he had it on him after getting pistol whipped!

Covered in story posted yes. I don't know state law is in TN for CCW in churches. Perhaps he was following the law, not sure. It sucks he should have to run to his car to retrieve a legal firearm to save lives.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24...stigation.html

Well, I'm sure this will get swept under the rug just as quickly as possible....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    There is an ancient thread that included Grant (C4) that discusses church security.

"It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast