Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent Church Shooting stopped by armed citizen (9/24/17 - Tennessee)

Feedback Score
    Why is this any less an abomination than Charlottesville? Saw a report last night and no mention of him retrieving a firearm. Kudos for staying in the fight and not going turtle. B Z.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Why is this any less an abomination than Charlottesville?
    I'm guessing thats a rhetorical question...
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Hell the pastor of my church recently applied for his permit. I've been carrying there for years now. The pastor knows and approves. At one point damn near half the congregation carried at least one gun. Maybe four others in the church know I have a gun on me. ****ed up world it is.
    I used to run the sound system and had my Glock on my hip and an AR in a case under the booth.

Feedback Score
    Alright, for the "oh man, shouldn't have to carry in church-sad times" comments... keep in mind they used to burn people alive in churches. I don't think it's anything new. There is always evil, we must always be ready.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Alright, for the "oh man, shouldn't have to carry in church-sad times" comments... keep in mind they used to burn people alive in churches. I don't think it's anything new. There is always evil, we must always be ready.
    Not to start a denomination war, but generally speaking the "Church of Christ" harkens back to the church of the 1st century and generally observes no creed beyond the teachings of the New Testament. It's quite conservative and is as far away from the churches of yore that burned witches at the stake, etc.

Good on the young man for acting within his means at the time. After this he'll surely carry a firearm on his person at worship services.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    Not to start a denomination war, but generally speaking the "Church of Christ" harkens back to the church of the 1st century and generally observes no creed beyond the teachings of the New Testament. It's quite conservative and is as far away from the churches of yore that burned witches at the stake, etc.

Good on the young man for acting within his means at the time. After this he'll surely carry a firearm on his person at worship services.
    Could be he was talking about during the Civil Rights Movement. They bombed and burned Churches.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Why is this any less an abomination than Charlottesville?
    The "White Nationalist" terrorist in Charlottesville didn't even kill anyone. The only person that died was a fat chick who had a heart attack due to an artery blockage. I'll be very interested how the DA will argue that one in court.

The "why" here is that a hate crime committed by an African muslim refugee upon White Christians does not fit the narrative. Oh gee, what's that turn the channel football players are taking a knee. Nothing to see here, move along . . .
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-26-17 at 04:15.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I get what you are saying, that through out Christianity Christians have faced persecution. Your not referencing the Puritan's witch trials in New England or the Spanish Inquisition here.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-26-17 at 04:13.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have always thought those caught with their "hand in the cookie jar" should move to the head of the line. To hell with the appeal process. I'm not talking about those found guilty through investigation and use of evidence, I'm talking about shitheads like this guy who are literally stone cold caught doing the dirt.
    I could be down with that...

"I've just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If anything, it's a nut magnet. Surprised churches have not been a more common target, but I also suspect the reason they have not been (relative to others) is churches have a history of people in them willing and able to protect themselves and nuts tend to follow the successes of other nuts.
    In other parts of the world, Christian churches are targeted for attacks all the time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast