Thread: Individual to Trust transfer

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Individual to Trust transfer

This may have already come up, but seeing how "quickly" an individual can receive NFA approval vs a Trust, would it make sense to apply as an individual to first get your approval and use of said NFA item and THEN reapply to transfer the NFA item into your personal trust/entity? Would you loose the use of your NFA item while waiting?

I am about to SBR another lower and am debating whether to submit through my Trust or just do it as an individual.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    You'd be both the transferor and transferee, so you could maintain possession throughout the process.

Cost you an extra $200 per item. Only you can decide if the current reduced time is worth it...and hope the current trends continue.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    You'd be both the transferor and transferee, so you could maintain possession throughout the process.

Cost you an extra $200 per item. Only you can decide if the current reduced time is worth it...and hope the current trends continue.
    Yes, this would seem cost prohibitive. The price to wait or not...
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, getting an extra $200 lifted from your wallet for a possible couple of months less in turn around time initially seems like a needless expense.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've also been looking into doing this. I have a trust, but decided not to use it (problems getting all RP's to do their part). I just got married, and had a son. I'd like my wife to be able to legally transport/handle my nfa items, for a variety of reasons. So, unless you're specifically in my situation, I would say hold off. I'm sure things will start to normalize soon, maybe lol.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind the trends are actually "the past." Meaning, In fall of 2016... no one knew individuals would speed up. Now, individuals seem to be moving faster, but the ATF may stop doing individuals and focus on trusts. It's all a gamble.

Anyone remember 30 day Form 1 and 12 month Form 4? That wasn't too long ago.... It all depends on what they prioritize. When individuals were a year, and trusts were 3-4 months it wasn't because it took THAT much longer to do the individual form, it just means they put them at the back of the 'important to do now' list.'