Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop acog for 1-8x variable

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I wasn't knocking the options you listed, those are all great scopes.
    Ah, interwebz. I was actually agreeing with everything you had said, I apparently just wasn't clear about it.

My point, which I imagine you'd agree with, is that a 1-6x Mark 6 or Swarovski may have more use at extended distances or small difficult targets than lesser glass in a 1-8x. Not that there are many low-end 1-8x scopes, but there is that Vortex no one has yet mentioned (and which shall remain nameless).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don't feel as my MK6/TMD-D is holding me back or not seeing anything that would be visible/identifiable with another 2x. Agreed that the 3;mm tube is unnecessary (and probably the result of consumer demand), 17 oz for a duty-grade LPV with excellent glass, low-profile and locking turrets, daytime-bright, etc. is nothing to sneeze at.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    So, I have a 4x acog on my recce and I am very happy with it. I have tried both 1-4x and 1-6x scopes in the past. I thought they were good concepts and versatile, but found the cons of weight and size to outdue the benefits for me. Now that there are some decent offerings in 1-8, I am considering trying them out, probably the trijicon. My rifle is capable of 1-1.5 moa and I think with a scope like this it really could fill just about any role.

Open to any thoughts or experiences.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    I have the accupower 1-8 and it's great on my 3gun rifle. Check gunbroker for the best prices, search accupower then click on price two times and you.'' be able to find the 1-8's

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the Burris and I'm impressed. It doubles capabilities for precision work IMHO. The fact you can dial 3.5 mils for 500 yards and hold for wind is huge to me. I love ACOGS and will always have an ACOG gun. I didn't like the 1-6 optics , especially if you can't dial. I had an old Bushnell like that.

Good luck and get yourself one. Buy the best you can afford.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12