Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms 1-6x ACSS or Steiner PXi 1-4

Feedback Score

Primary Arms 1-6x ACSS or Steiner PXi 1-4

I'm having a very tough debate between two scopes for my build. If the Steiner glass is really good then I can do away with the extra 2 magnification that's on the Primary Arms. I'm running a Aero upper and lower with Centurion C4 Quad rails, faxon flame fluted 16" barrel, hogue grip, hiperfire 24C trigger, magpul flip up sights and magpul stock. I'm going to use this build for some plinking and hog hunting. I haven't held the Steiner yet but I like the red dot and cross hairs. I have been told the Primary Arms 1-6 could make a nice scope for this task. I don't plan on spending more than $600 and that includes a lightweight or QD mount. Help needed so please chime in.
    Last edited by ManOnFire40; 09-25-17 at 22:29.

Feedback Score
    The Steiner is the better quality scope. Is the extra 2x worth the loss in clarity?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just received a Steiner P4. The glass was worth more to me than the extra 2X. Also I wanted the more clean reticle and the daytime visible red dot.

Feedback Score
    Clarity is worth way more than 2X. If you really can't ID your target then what's the point. I prefer crisp glass and thin cross hairs and simple red or green dot. I have an astigmatism that's why I'm not really needing the horseshoe and dot. I don't want my target obstructed and I feel 4X would be plenty out to 200 yards or more.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My astigmatism swayed me away from red dots as well. I traded an aimpoint pro for a leupold patrol and have really enjoyed the clarity it brings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    From what you are saying it seems like the Stiener is the clear choice. Less cluttered reticle (although the ACSS is great) and German glass beats Chinese. Lots of great feedback on the Stiener. DSG arms had this on sale the other day. I would check there for pricing

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are any of the cheaper LPVs like the Steiner as rugged as an Aimpoint?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The PXi 1-4x I have is my first foray into LPV scopes and I absolutely love the thing. I have mild astigmatism and the reticle is simple, incredibly easy to use, and the glass is insanely clear especially at the price point.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The p4xi is the best budget oriented scope for glass clarity bar none. Nothing else touches it at its price range. However, it's durability is mediocre at best. It also has best in class illumination as all other Steiner scopes do as well. If you have the money, try and stretch into a used uso sr-4c 1-4x or the nxs NF 1-4x.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    The p4xi is the best budget oriented scope for glass clarity bar none. Nothing else touches it at its price range. However, it's durability is mediocre at best. It also has best in class illumination as all other Steiner scopes do as well. If you have the money, try and stretch into a used uso sr-4c 1-4x or the nxs NF 1-4x.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    How much are those running?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast