I've been looking for a 1911 9mm with certain characteristics without success for some time now, without success. For some reason, the Google Foo worked out a few days ago, and I found the Springfield Armory Warren Tactical Series 1911 Operator. I had never heard of one before even though it seems they've been out for awhile. This pistol checks all the boxes I've been looking specifically for, and the characteristics that don't match my "ideal," such as color, I don't care one way or another about.

I decided I want one, but everything that pops up is a couple of years old. From what I can find, the guy is well respected in the industry and law enforcement. I've found that the model is a yearly, limited run specifically for Warren. It's still listed on the Warren Tactical website, with instructions to send a deposit to order.

I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the business. I'm just questioning if it's still a valid offer. I'm just uncomfortable with mailing an order and deposit without recent evidence that they are still being produced. I did email, but there has been no response. However, I have read a review on another forum posted by someone who successfully received their pistol and had emailed without response. The problem is that post was from 2014. I can understand that. It seems like Warren Tactical is a small business, and I've dealt with reputable large companies that take forever to respond.

My question is, has anyone purchased one of these pistols recently? Are they still being offered? Is this just the way it's done in this particular situation? I just want to know if any members have sent in a deposit and order letter in as per instructions and received their pistol, and can I expect the same from their experience?