Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review - Olight PL-Mini Valkyrie

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Update (10/23/17)

Sorry everyone, been a busy couple of weeks for me ( both families in town cause I got hitched.)

Finally had a chance to shoot a little with the light on my pistols. I placed it on 3 weapons, Sig P226R (9mm,.40, .357sig,) M&P Full size (9mm,) and a P229R (9mm,.40, and 357sig.)

Put about 50 rounds of each caliber on some paper and was very happy with the light.

No weirdness or issues that I noted.

I did accidentally activate it once as I got a little over zealous in drawing quickly and presenting on the P229R ( I have long fingers and I jammed the switch as I formed my grip on the slightly shorter pistol .)

Love the fact I can charge it attached to the pistol though, I have a portable battery pack plugged into the USB charging cable in my little pistol safe so it's always charged when it goes to sleep for the night!!!

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Is the QD lever locked at all, ie EOTech QD mount, or is it just held in the closed position by friction from the cam/QD mechanism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I convinced my boss to start carrying OLIGHT in our local gun shop. I am going to be doing tests to see which olight fit in which holsters/handgun combinations. pl1, pl2 and mini.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”

Feedback Score
    Just the other day, a friend of mine was trying to find a holster for his Glock 19 with this light. Does/has anybody found a source for one yet? I know he was looking for somebody local that would do a one off for him, I'm guessing that's his best bet still. Personally, I'd just stick with the big names that people already know about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I convinced my boss to start carrying OLIGHT in our local gun shop. I am going to be doing tests to see which olight fit in which holsters/handgun combinations. pl1, pl2 and mini.
    Sweet, your going to need to let us know how that goes and post a list of what works.

I've been a hard look at there 1200 lumen pistol light and I am seriously curious about this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeek020 View Post
    I've been a hard look at there 1200 lumen pistol light and I am seriously curious about this.
    Why does anyone need that much light on a pistol?!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageBrew84 View Post
    I've heard there are hunters that like to go after wild hogs with 10mm pistols. I could see the usefullness of being able to take down a hog and roast it, all with the same gun.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynical View Post
    I've heard there are hunters that like to go after wild hogs with 10mm pistols. I could see the usefullness of being able to take down a hog and roast it, all with the same gun.
    Yea and if you splash them with 1200 lumens you'll have at least 10 seconds to cut their throat without firing that expensive 10mm hollow point. I cannot imagine firing up a 1200 lumen light indoors.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I thought it was more of a carbine light myself, but I wanted to try it on a few pistols anyway. Just to see what fits.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It uses a newer and different LED (XHP-35 HI vs XPL). A little more efficient than the XP-L which the others use. The hotspot will be bigger with slightly better flood. When taking total lumens into account, the beam profile also has to be taken into account. A good example would be a spray pattern from a hose. A lower water volume (lumens) can go farther if concentrated then a higher volume that is spread over a wider area. So if the hotspot is bigger (more lumens required) and the flood is better (also more lumens required), the light might have similar "intensity" to the human eye as a lower rated lumen light with narrower characteristics, but just fill the room better and/or light up a bigger portion of the subject.

Also, lumen intensity to the eye vs lumens is not linear. 1000 lumens is not double the brightness to the eye vs 500 lumens.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 10-27-17 at 09:05.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast