Thread: Review - Olight PL-Mini Valkyrie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Review - Olight PL-Mini Valkyrie

I had been looking for some time for a compact pistol mounted weapon light that would NOT protrude past the end of my CCW pistol. I first noticed the PL-Mini Valkyrie while viewing a review of coming products from Olight for 2017. I already carry a Olight Baton S1R as my EDC pocket light, and have been very happy with its size, ease of charging, battery life, and reliability for the past 2 years. Weighing in those factors I took the plunge and ordered one.

Unit comes well packaged, includes the light, magnetic charging cable and instructions. Unit is equipped with a QD throw lever for quick connect and disconnect from the pistol. QD locks on to my P229R frame with solid contact and no movement while locked into place. The unit is bright, I have no way to measure the output, but Olight states that the unit is 400 lumens and has a throw of about 75 meters, adequate for searching small rooms or spaces. As I hoped the size of this unit is smaller than any other weapon light I have fielded to date. The unit is small enough to fit the rail of my P229R without protruding past the end of the weapon like my X300 and TLR lights. I also think the ability to charge the unit while it remains attached to the pistol is a very convenient feature for a LEO or CCW holder that carries and uses this daily. At night merely attach the magnetic charging base to the weapon as it sat on your night stand or in your safe ( with a potable USB battery or AC outlet,) and your tank is full and ready to go the next day. Overall my first impressions of the units are excellent, I will update my review after I get to shoot with the unit a bit.

Here are some pics:
    IMG_4554[1].jpgIMG_4556[1].jpgIMG_4557[1].jpgIMG_4555[1].jpg
    Last edited by Freelance; 09-27-17 at 23:19.