Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benelli or Beretta or FN

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You are welcome. I have several of the Magpul shotgun stocks on my 870's, and found them to be very efficient.

I had the Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol grip on my 1301, and like the Magpul better. I added a slightly higher comb, to get a cheek weld that works better for me on the H-1. It's just a wee bit faster on my first shot as well.

Feedback Score
    [/ATTACH]
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You are welcome. I have several of the Magpul shotgun stocks on my 870's, and found them to be very efficient.

I had the Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol grip on my 1301, and like the Magpul better. I added a slightly higher comb, to get a cheek weld that works better for me on the H-1. It's just a wee bit faster on my first shot as well.
    SeriousStudent - to your knowledge does the Beretta 1301 have the same 922R issues that the Benelli M4 has when adding a mag extension or pistol grip stock? It seems to me that should, but I don't see 922R mention in conjunction with the Beretta. Researching the Benelli M4 922R seems to be a pretty regular subject that comes up.

OP - I was essentially looking at the exact same models for defensive shotgun as your list. After extensive research I decided to go with the Beretta 1301. It wasn't even on my radar when I initiated my search for defensive (semi-auto) shotgun.I read about the bolt release issue that you mentioned. That issue is fixed with a $15 aftermarket shroud. It took me about five minutes to install. Easy... I have yet to find a time to shoot it...so I have no input with regard to the actual performance. It sure looks sweet though

IMG_0712.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kraken; 10-01-17 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Kraken - I have not read any specific warnings regarding the 1301 and 922(r) compliance, but I have made it a point to keep 10 American-manufactured parts on mine. I am just a dot the I's and cross the T's kind of guy. It was honestly pretty easy to do, and did not require much effort at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Kraken - I have not read any specific warnings regarding the 1301 and 922(r) compliance, but I have made it a point to keep 10 American-manufactured parts on mine. I am just a dot the I's and cross the T's kind of guy. It was honestly pretty easy to do, and did not require much effort at all.
    Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies sorry it took so long for reply for some reason I stopped receiving updates on this post but considering some more research and the solutions to the "problems" I think I am going to pick up the Beretta 1301. overall it seems to be a winner
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    Could you also put a list of all the upgrades or parts you have used on your beretta and how well they have worked for you or if you would change anything? thanks.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    I'm a little late to the party . On the Beretta and the Benelli M4 if you buy the LE version of each gun then you won't have to worry about 922R . Non LEO's can purchase them and they come from the factory with the extended mag tube . Probably work out to be cheaper in the long run .

Feedback Score
    I don't actually own a shotgun but little bit of research says Beretta 1301 is the winner.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My wife has a Benelli M4. I enjoy shooting it as does she. She is 5'2" and 115 lbs and can pull the trigger as fast as she can shoot and keep the rounds on a stop sign sized target at 10 yards. As accurate as the Beretta described above. Comes in pistol grip configuration, that may or may not be a turn off for you. Yes, they are pricey but it has been reliable for the 600ish rounds we have shot through it.

You could look into one of the Stoeger models. From what I understand they use the Benelli operating system. A lot cheaper too.

I think you could go with either the Bennelli or the Beretta and be happy.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 10-04-17 at 10:06.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12