Thread: Trapezius strain

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

Trapezius strain

I think I may have strained my left trapezius. I had been having a mild off and on pain centered around my left shoulder blade and radiating to the left side of my neck and top of the shoulder. I had worked pretty hard doing shrugs a week ago then about 4 days later the pain increased it really started to bother me constantly. Rolling over in bed is really painful. I haven't done any lifting at all in the past week. I pretty much ruled out any pinched spinal nerves.

Feedback Score
    If it's spasm'd / tight, which it sounds like it is, then yeah, all that nerve impingement caused by the spasming muscle is on the table

Been there, done that a plenty

No worries

In time, the muscle will stop it's tightness / spasm and you won't have the knife / nerve pain

You strained the muscle, so it spasms as a defense against being used more, protect itself from more injury ... in the process, it's squeezing on nerves

A really, really hot hot-tub will do wonders for relief. But overall, it's time and non use so it can calm down
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!