Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Aimpoint of LPVOs?

Feedback Score

Question Who is the Aimpoint of LPVOs?

First I would like to thank everyone that helped with figuring out the LPVO for my brother. I am very sure he is going to really enjoy it. As I said as well, I am also going to let him know it is from all of you as well as my wife and I.
    Having had this recent discussion on LPVOs (big interest of mine recently), an interesting query popped into my head I thought I would ask all of you and would possibly make for an interesting discussion.
    Although people have their preferences, it seems as though all-in-all that Aimpoint is the "king" of red-dots for all of it's given factors. Who would you say is the "Aimpoint" of LPVOs and why? If possible, compare and contrast with Aimpoint (their positives although from a variable optic standpoint - hope that makes sense).

Lol, just reread my post too, and it just really comes off to me as an essay prompt from school.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If only Aimpoint would make one. Especially with their battery life.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    People like aimpoints because they work and are proven. If you want something bombproof I would probaby look at the razor HD 2. It weighs 26 oz for a reason.

Feedback Score
    I hear ya. I wonder why they haven't tried to break into that market at all. Was feeling that in some way possibly their 6x magnifier was almost like a feeler.
    I've never used one but it sounds like US Optics dual focal plane scopes got pretty close, along of course with S&B. Solid daylight visible red dot, good battery life (relative to scopes), very durable, etc. Wonder what new lines they're coming out with outside of those B-models.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    People like aimpoints because they work and are proven. If you want something bombproof I would probaby look at the razor HD 2. It weighs 26 oz for a reason.
    Not looking for a scope myself to buy that equates. Just a general discussion I thought would be interesting.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    In terms of robustness and reliability, the Trijicon VCOG. Glass quality and function goes to Kahles. The only company that offers both in one package earning the title of "aimpoint" of LPVO is Schmidt and Bender, specifically the PMII CC. They actually put a red dot in a 1-8 with that model.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The Aimpoint of scopes, in my opinion, should be daytime bright with long battery life, super tough and relatively small. My vote is the USO SR-4C. Useful MIL-based reticle, daytime bright red dot with a very long battery life for a scope (8,000 hours claimed, mine is less but is run at max power for 10 hours a day). Excellent glass and build quality with a relatively small size.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Excessive use of brass?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Excessive use of brass?
    They are a physically large scope. A Nightforce 1-4 would probably be fairly robust.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Z8i is 18oz. IMO, 1-4 scopes are very dated, especially the NF offerings.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast