Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Aimpoint of LPVOs?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    For discussions sake, which LPVO is most like the Aimpoint PRO? There are plenty of high-speed dudes out there with the T-2 w/QD mount. The beauty of the PRO is that it's solid and still obtainable for the average guy without eliminating his ammo budget for months on end. I would probably be able to appreciate a USO or S&B, but there wouldn't be much shooting for a while on the way to and from buying it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Trijicon Accupoint and Accupower. Accupower will be a little cheaper, but I've noticed no difference durability-wise when mounted on a patrol rifle.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Thanks. $2,000 Optics turn me off but I don't want to start all the way down with the Strike Eagle for my first try at it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My father has a Trijicon Accupoint TR-24 on his rifle and it's been an absolutely great optic. Now days they're very affordable. The triangle reticle is very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't say its easy to say who is the "aimpoint" simply because in the LPV game you have different magnification ranges and reticles and reticles are subjective to what people like. In terms of popularity I would say Vortex stuff is popular because the Razor 1-6 is actually a good scope and Vortex hit the lottery with jerry being the face of that scope then you see a bunch of people with strike eagles, I personally do not like the strike eagle at all, glass is not that good, reticle is not daylight bright but it is a cheap scope so people bought them up quick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    My father has a Trijicon Accupoint TR-24 on his rifle and it's been an absolutely great optic. Now days they're very affordable. The triangle reticle is very fast.

Great optic! It's still probably my favorite because of how simple the reticle is, and it's fast because its bright and its super lightweight.

Feedback Score
    With the price requirements mentioned, I'll throw in the Leopoldo vxr patrol. It's around $500, bright dot reticle, decent glass, huge eye box, so it's fast, and motion sensor lets you keep it on like an aimpoint for HD.

I didn't like the fisheye of the trijicon, or the reticle of the other 1-4x. Plus it's one of , if not the lightest variable illuminated reticle scope out.

I haven't seen any reports of failures. I'd imagine some people are still running them hard.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-01-17 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    IMO, the TR24 is a very good optic. The power range is kind of low, but every other feature is good. I had a TR24-G, and I wish it would have been a R or red version. Don't fall into that fallacy that green reticles are easier to pickup. Its said that the eye can distinguish more shades of green, but this doesn't cross into reticle usage. You want something that is a DIRECT contrast to things that appear in nature. Like something red.

If there's a detraction to the TR24, is that the reticle doesn't allow for holdovers. This may or may not be an issue based on your firing and zero distance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    IMO, the TR24 is a very good optic. The power range is kind of low, but every other feature is good. I had a TR24-G, and I wish it would have been a R or red version. Don't fall into that fallacy that green reticles are easier to pickup. Its said that the eye can distinguish more shades of green, but this doesn't cross into reticle usage. You want something that is a DIRECT contrast to things that appear in nature. Like something red.

If there's a detraction to the TR24, is that the reticle doesn't allow for holdovers. This may or may not be an issue based on your firing and zero distance.
    If you use the triangle reticle, off a 100 yd zero the bottom of the triangle is a pretty damn good 300yd holdover

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Problem being, depending on the size of the target, the reticle can completely obscure it. It is workable though...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast