Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long winded reviews

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

Long winded reviews

Am I the only one here that doesn't read long winded product reviews? It' almost like the people writing them have nothing better to do and get turned on hearing themselves talk. Is it just me?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not just you ...

I write many a technical document and I couldn't find the main point being made ...
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    It' almost like the people writing them have nothing better to do and get turned on hearing themselves talk. Is it just me?
    Well that's one way to look at it I suppose...

Or maybe these guys are attempting to converse with like mined people on a forum meant for discussion and communication? You don't have to read any of it. Escape is just a mouse click away… Click.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Especially if it's something simple like lube, or a safety, or a trigger. etc. More complicated things like a scope I can tolerate a bit of bloviation.

Feedback Score
    Personal preference.

I've written some long reviews in the past, and I'm sure that's turned people off. But, on the flip side, I've always had a frustration when I'm thinking about spending $1K or more on something, and I can't seem to find any serious information about it. I often don't just want a thumbs up or thumbs down, but a reasoned explanation of what each feature does, and how it compares to similar products. That also ends up being how I write reviews.

I would rather there be too much information and leave the option to skip to the conclusion.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 09-30-17 at 18:53.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Just depends on how interested I am in the product and how well written it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hate it when the reviewer 'wings it' and just rambles. I loathe waiting and praying that they somehow meander to some actual points of information that are useful by accident between tangents.

If you're actually trying to post a review, make an effort BEFORE RECORDING AND POSTING to either watch your own work or at least go off of a outline.

Speaking of a outine, I cannot stand NutnFancy, he seemingly impossibly always finds ways to turn a 5minute affair into 30minutes of oral diarrhea.

So, outline, keep it under 5minutes max, review review review, and then answer questions about anything you missed.

Written reviews I can easily skim through for what I want/need, it's video reviews that kill me.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 09-30-17 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd rather have a long winded review over a half a$$ed one that you have to read through pages of comments to see if anyone asked your question and if it was answered.

Most of the shorts reviews end up having ten pages of people asking the same question that has already been answered because no one wants to read through ten pages.

So pick your poison, long thorough review or not enough information?

And as mentioned already, if reading more than a couple lines hurts your brain just back out and go find a thread with pictures.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    I don't mind it for a hobby (this forum). But people who try to explain a yes or no question in 2384 words and never answer the question DRIVE ME NUTS! Won't tolerate it.

...but this is a hobby. I prefer a tldr at the end though.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I hate it when the reviewer 'wings it' and just rambles.

Speaking of a outine, I cannot stand NutnFancy, he seemingly impossibly always finds ways to turn a 5minute affair into 30minutes of oral diarrhea.
    That guy is a mumbling boob. What makes him an expert on anything? Because he makes YouTube videos? Can’t stand that clown. His video with the M60E4 had me rolling. Even my 12 year old son looked at it and asked “does he have any idea what he’s doing?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast