Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AP PRO & DD fixed

Feedback Score

AP PRO & DD fixed

I've done a ton of reading on the optics sub-forum, but can someone who actually runs, or has run the Aimpoint PRO, with it's standard, included mount, tell me how it co-witnesses with the Daniel Defense fixed, BUIS's. I always liked the looks of the DD sights, and would like both front and rear on my new V11, but didn't know how they'd work with the PRO, with it's standard mount. My "go to" back-ups have always been Troy folders.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The DD fixed are the same height as a folding sight. My AP with a QRP2 (stock) mount is between co-witnessed and lower 1/3 with a FSB front and Troy folding rear sight. Hope that helps.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run the standard mount with a DD fixed front and a MaTech flip up rear. I tried to run the fixed DD rear but ended up moving it to my FSB irons only rifle. The Pro stock mount is basically close to a lower 1/3 co-witness. Running the rear peep like the DD is just too busy for me. I have no issue running a fixed front sight with a red dot, though.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Running the rear peep like the DD is just too busy for me. I have no issue running a fixed front sight with a red dot, though.
    I absolutely agree.

Andy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The DD rear is 1.44", the PRO is 1.5625" from the rail to center line.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. The "busyness" is what I was fretting over. May just stick with the Troy's, or use the DD fixed front with a Troy folding rear.

Skip

Feedback Score
    if you have multiple rifles, just go with the AP alone

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    Thanks for the help. The "busyness" is what I was fretting over. May just stick with the Troy's, or use the DD fixed front with a Troy folding rear.

Skip
    I've been shooting an AP/DD combo for a few years. I don't notice the irons unless I want to, and I like not having to flip up sights. Just my .02$

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This will get you lower 1/3 height if you think that will clean up the clutter.
    http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...-PROSP-01.html

I would also look at the Scalarworks fixed sights if you're considering the DD.
    https://scalarworks.com/shop/iron-si...d-iron-sights/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also run stock aimpoint pro with DD 1.5. love the set up and don't find the sight picture cluttered. Simple. Sturdy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast