Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AP PRO & DD fixed

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    I would also look at the Scalarworks fixed sights if you're considering the DD.
    https://scalarworks.com/shop/iron-si...d-iron-sights/
    I'm really liking the scalarworks rear, was trying to decide between the DD A1.5 and the LMT cut down carry handle site.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    as mentioned before, the PRO has a weird "just shorter/lower than 1/3" height mount

the QRP2 is a beast in terms of size but actually weighs decently light. mine holds fine; am considering the riser for $40 someone linked to as my wife prefers the larger window on the PRO over our Micros

the issue is that the rear sights do get cluttered using the "too short for lower 1/3" mount height on the factory QRP2

honestly think you're better off just getting a Micro H2 or H1 (new from a vendor) on a Larue LT660(so many used ones on EE)

for how large and heavy the PRO is (unless you're wanting the 30mm window), it's just worth the $$ to get less weight and bulk IMO
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 10-10-17 at 13:39.

Feedback Score
    stock aimpoint pro with DD 1.5 is the way to go!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    also skip the PRO if you're a lefty. I learned this a few weeks ago in discussing optics with a lefty.

Feedback Score
    what do you suggest for a lefty?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    something that doesn't have a giant battery compartment protruding on the RIGHT side

blocking the LEFTY shooter's right eye

I've never owned an MRO, so I won't rec it. I've used it at the range, but that's about it.

I loved Aimpoint Micros, solid and great for Leftys as well.

Aimpoint PRO is a solid and reliable optic, mount is a weird height (hard to co-witness with), but great otherwise. Overall is quality kit, but for a red dot, you don't need that much weight and bulk unless you want the window. Yes, I do notice running the gun the weight difference between irons only, Micro, and PRO. Not huge, but noticeable difference in handling.

For the 1/3rd price, the Primary Arms and other clones aren't worth the $$$ compared to what you can get for 3x the price in the Micro.

I dislike them personally for anything but comp or plinking, but the variable optics are very useful outside of CQB range. (please don't turn this into an RDS vs Variable thread, just my opinion). PST Gen2 1-6x is great for the money, Razor 1-6x is solid but heavy and pricey, Steiner is the standard in my area but I haven't liked the 2 I used

Maybe not fixed sights, but the Magpul PRO MBUS are very high quality folding sights. I don't own them but they are highly regarded by people I know that replaced their Troys with them after using them for a while.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    also skip the PRO if you're a lefty. I learned this a few weeks ago in discussing optics with a lefty.
    I'm a lefty and I have no issues running an Aimpoint Pro.

Also, I run my Pro with a DD rear sight and love the combo. The rear sight don't bother me at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    I’m a lefty and my PRO is fine. I don’t personally find it necessary but it’s simple to rotate the battery tube to the top left. Your windage turret becomes your elevation turret and vice versa.
    Last edited by rockapede; 10-16-17 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    I have an aimpoint PRO and DD 1.5 rear fixed sight. It's been a decent combo for me, and have no plan to change it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I had an Aimpoint Pro and DD sight setup and it worked well with the ScalarWorks LDM 1/3 co-witness mount. The stock Aimpoint mount was alright, but just slightly lower than where I wanted the dot to be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast