Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons lube of choice for suppressed guns?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Weapons lube of choice for suppressed guns?

Hey guys,

I have started getting my cans back from the 41f bull shit and have noticed that during a high rate of fire schedule, like 2 day 1000 rds classes, I am having to constantly relube my bolt (twice a day). I am currently using slip 2000 ewl and while I like it, it burns off really quick. Anyone have an option that will go 500 rounds suppressed before needing to be reapplied?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I use motor oil, but that's because I use what's left in a quart and pour it into my bolts. That being said, I hear machine Gunners lube is good, though I have had success in the past with a molly grease and oil mixture. Grease the rails and pour oil in on top of it. Who knows if it is any better than grease or oil alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    same here. recently put over 1K through my suppressed 10.5 inch SBR and used a splash of mobil 1 motor oil at the beginning. At the end it was still wet. Filthy as all get out but wet
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    White lithium grease.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Making M4c great again.

Good stuff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Making M4c great again.

Good stuff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    So good LMFAO Thank you
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I always used 50wt synthetic racing oil in the past but GTF425 has me turned into grease. I currently am utilizing TW-25B grease in my SR-15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Hey guys,

I have started getting my cans back from the 41f bull shit and have noticed that during a high rate of fire schedule, like 2 day 1000 rds classes, I am having to constantly relube my bolt (twice a day). I am currently using slip 2000 ewl and while I like it, it burns off really quick. Anyone have an option that will go 500 rounds suppressed before needing to be reapplied?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Are you relubing due to malfunctions?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-01-17 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've been using M-pro 7 recently. Works as good as anything else I've used. It stays wet and is very easy to clean. An unusual perk is that the oil bottles just work. They don't leak, the applicator tip makes it easy to apply. The biggest pain in the ass I've experienced with gun oil is in its container. I don't want something that will leak or gush all over the place. M-pro kind of nailed this. The extreme opposite, I'm sad to say and twist or flip bottle. Such as used by Slip and the CLP folks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Are you relubing due to malfunctions?
    I had 2 malfunctions (failure to feeds) when trying to see how far I could take it without re-lubing on day one of my class. It was just extremely sluggish and felt like the BCG was incredibly dry and fighting through a ton of friction. After that I started dropping oil into the BCG about every 200 rounds and that seems to have solved my friction issues when shooting suppressed. This was on a system already using a vltor a5 system with a5h3, sprinco green, and BCM BCG.

Looks like I will have to look into these greases and give that a chance.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast