Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotating-barrel handguns

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put a few round through rotating barrel pistol marked as a Mauser a few years ago, I do not remember the model. It was a .40 and rather small. It also seemed to shoot rather soft for it's size and caliber. Given what I've heard from others regarding rotating barrel pistols the common thread seems to be that they shoot soft.

Feedback Score
    What is even out there now?

I have the mini, mid, and regular Cougars.
    I have the full, mid, and subcompact PX4s (the SC is not really a PX4 it just looks like one and has a different non rotating action).
    I have shot a guy’s grandpower at the range.

What am I missing that is easily/frequently seen?

Feedback Score
    Grand Power's Q100 is fairly new to the market (I believe), and I haven't heard a lot of feedback on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    and the new Glock 46.
    That is practically a copy of CZ 22/24/28 (Nickl patent) from before WW2. In those times, every new type of locking was immediately patented. So it was either to pay patent fees or invent new type of locking. This led to wide variety of locking systems used in early years of automatic pistols. Now, when all those patents are long expired, we no longer need to to that.

Then why? I always tell, that if you want to enter competitive market you need either (or preferably at 2 of those):

1. Be better.
    2. Be cheaper.
    3. Be different.

Those days use of rotating barrel serves point nr. 3.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Agency View Post
    So far, my Ernest Langdon PX4 CC has been awesome. Very easy to shoot for a compact DASA gun, has an accurate hammer forged chrome lined barrel, is reliable, super smooth trigger, and conceals well.
    Not to derail this thread, but just bought a PX4 CC on a whim due to the Langdon name more than anything else (and I've had good luck with Berettas overall and wanted a "G" model DA/SA and my dealer couldn't find a Wilson Beretta.) Anyway - any words of wisdom for how to treat it well? Grease, oil, secret handshakes?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Grease the barrel and locking block interaction points, then similar to how you normally lubricate a slide operated firearm (rails).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but just bought a PX4 CC on a whim due to the Langdon name more than anything else (and I've had good luck with Berettas overall and wanted a "G" model DA/SA and my dealer couldn't find a Wilson Beretta.) Anyway - any words of wisdom for how to treat it well? Grease, oil, secret handshakes?
    I'm currently working through a 2000 rnd challenge in my new PX4 fullsize. It is my first gun of this type. I did a brief break in with ~120 rnds and gave it a quick cleaning. I installed a "G" lopro selector and a "D" spring. Then I hit all metal surfaces with a light coat of CLP, followed by generous application of TW25b on surfaces that looked to need lube. I'm ~500 rnds into the challenge with zero stoppages plus zero stoppages during the break in rounds.

I don't expect this gun to be maintenance queen.

Edit: rounds fired have included 115 ball (Blazer brass and NATO types) 115 gun show reloads (completely random headstamps), 124 Hydrashoks, 124 XTP's, 147 white box ball, and 147 Win Defend. My intent is to carry it with 147 gr HP's.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-09-17 at 21:32. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been running the Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil on my guns lately. Seems to work well on my PX4s. I usually add a couple drops every 1,000 rounds or so. I have 6 PX4s and they all run well. My highest round count PX4 is one of my PX4 CCs...6,200 rounds. Didn't clean it for the first 4,200. The first 2,000 were the 2K Round Challenge, then I added a couple of drops and pushed it to 3,000. Added a few drops and finally felt guilty and cleaned it at 4,200. No issues. These guns just run and run.

Also, per Beretta they don't require any spring replacements until 20,000 rounds. That's approaching HK P30 maintenance intervals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I've been running the Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil on my guns lately. Seems to work well on my PX4s. I usually add a couple drops every 1,000 rounds or so. I have 6 PX4s and they all run well. My highest round count PX4 is one of my PX4 CCs...6,200 rounds. Didn't clean it for the first 4,200. The first 2,000 were the 2K Round Challenge, then I added a couple of drops and pushed it to 3,000. Added a few drops and finally felt guilty and cleaned it at 4,200. No issues. These guns just run and run.

Also, per Beretta they don't require any spring replacements until 20,000 rounds. That's approaching HK P30 maintenance intervals.
    Gotta admit, that's a great record. Thank you for sharing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I'm currently working through a 2000 rnd challenge in my new PX4 fullsize. It is my first gun of this type. I did a brief break in with ~120 rnds and gave it a quick cleaning. I installed a "G" lopro selector and a "D" spring. Then I hit all metal surfaces with a light coat of CLP, followed by generous application of TW25b on surfaces that looked to need lube. I'm ~500 rnds into the challenge with zero stoppages plus zero stoppages during the break in rounds.

I don't expect this gun to be maintenance queen.

Edit: rounds fired have included 115 ball (Blazer brass and NATO types) 115 gun show reloads (completely random headstamps), 124 Hydrashoks, 124 XTP's, 147 white box ball, and 147 Win Defend. My intent is to carry it with 147 gr HP's.
    The more I read and watch about the PX4 Storm series, the more I wonder why I waited so long to personally mess with one. Their reputation for feeding just about everything seems to be very consistent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast