Page 31 of 353 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I agree. I am thinking it might be good to keep around as cheap short range zeroing ammo. .308 ain't cheap, and even if I can only use it out to 25 or 50 yards, it would save money getting scopes and sights at least on paper.

Gonna be ordering a few hundred or more rounds.

P.S.
    This thread is bad for my wallet. Lol.
    It sticks into trees and buries itself from 50 yards or so from my experience. I have not taken it out for distance.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lbsand View Post
    Thank you. Please let me know when you have a group buy price.
    $280 and free shipping.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    About the Noveske group buy, I just got an email from the seller and he said that when we get 10 buyers he will give them to us for $280 each plus free shipping and that's hard to beat folks.
    Please post to this thread if your in for sure.
    Nice barrels guys.
    I'm in

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    $280 and free shipping.
    I'm in for that price! I didn't think it would be that good!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did, but all I have is calipers which gave me .076
    FYI for everyone, I heard back from the seller on Gunbroker and he quoted me 0.082" for the gas port size.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I must admit something seems off in my gut with these barrels. Has someone purchased one that is in this thread from that seller?

Unclear why you would sit on these barrels especially after the landscape of 2012 & 2013. In mid 2013 you could have sold these barrels for $500 apiece and sold them all in a week. Noveske was out of stock for almost a year. The rollmark seems off in my head also. Someone I trust very much just mentioned to me that the line about the 250 times hand lapped seams off as John was personally against lapping.

Those barrels are $455 on Noveske's site right now. I think we can all agree it's not the company it used to be before John passing. Why charge so much less?

I am by no means an expert on older Noveske barrels but it seems like we could dig some member up that are. I know Stick did work with Noveske back in the day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I'm in for that price! I didn't think it would be that good!
    Nope, cancel that idea as it is not legit. The ad states...

NEW Vintage Noveske Afghan 14.5" 5.56mm Barrel These were special order barrels for Next Generation Arms in 2009.
    They were hand lapped, 250 times before the chamber was cut.
    They have a 1.9” gas block shoulder so that A-Frame gas blocks will work,
    along with low-profile gas blocks.
    Gas block and Gas tube is NOT included.

A lot of people know that I knew John Noveske. After Johns death, a lot of people suddenly began claiming him as a friend. Since he was dead, it wasn't like John could complain. Since John died, there has been a portion of the Noveske base which has made a clear distinction between Pre and Post death items based on quality, name appeal, and other real or imagined reasons.

I knew John well enough to exchange obnoxious memes, and vacation at his house for a week or longer. When people tell me they were best friend with John Noveske, I like to ask them how he liked his coffee, or what he liked to make for breakfast. That has shut every single person up who has slapped out this the "best bud" claim.

I don't bring up the above to try to look cool, or increase name appeal. I say it so that along with the knowledge of me having written articles about Noveske, that I can state with credibility that we spoke freely back and forth about business and personal things. One of the business things we spoke about on his back deck one day was that of lapping barrels. John was very clear that he was not one to see the need to lap a barrel. He felt the reason for lapping barrels, or the stated need for lapping modern barrels was so that the barrel company would get a repeat customer sooner. He pointed out to me that each pass through the barrel, was a degradation of the barrel interior. The more a person lapped a barrel, the shorter the actual barrel service life.

If you look at the above claim of Noveske hand-lapping barrels, no. Just no.

Secondly, I don't believe a company would sit on expensive barrels for almost a decade instead of using them for a project, or straight up for sale. Even if the intended project fell through, a new project would come together in short order. No one waits for 9 years.

I'm sure someone has an explanation to the above, and how it is all a misunderstanding, but it stinks to me. There is something else going on that I would not want to be a part of.

I am painfully aware of counterfeit Noveske barrels having been made by at least one POS in the industry. I won't go so far as to state the listed barrels are fakes, but I will say that something stinks about it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    About the Noveske group buy, I just got an email from the seller and he said that when we get 10 buyers he will give them to us for $280 each plus free shipping and that's hard to beat folks.
    Please post to this thread if your in for sure.
    Nice barrels guys.

Bill,

Please cease any attempts at a group buy of those barrels, or at least do it off this board. Read the above post I made, but something is very wrong in my professional opinion. A group buy on this would only bring discredit to the board while doing a dis service to the members involved.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    We have 2 committed buyers for the Noveske Afghan barrels. We now need 8 more.
    Have you cleared this with Shivan? All group buys have to be cleared with him, per forum rules.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ures-and-Rules

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    FYI to everybody in this thread - nobody send anyone any money for this barrel thing until this is all cleared up.

BillB - you need to stop advertising this right now, until you receive approval from Shivan. You do NOT have the ability to do this on this board without permission.

Page 31 of 353 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast