Thread: AR Pistol for dad 10.5 Faxon

Feedback Score

AR Pistol for dad 10.5 Faxon

So I've been lucky enough to have a gun junkie for a dad that has given me more guns than I could ever ask so I felt it was only right that I build him something. I built him a lower to go with an upper that a buddy of his gave him to test. So since my dad was a MACV guy when he was in Vietnam he really likes short guns so I figured a little AR pistol would be great. So below is the list of stuff I used for the build and a picture of a grouping with it.

Lower:
    Spikes FDE Cerakoted anT2 buffer kit
    ALG LPK minus grip (wish it came with the grip screw)
    Ergo grip
    Magpul ASAP and BAD Lever
    Phase 5 pistol buffer tube (best pistol tube!)
    Blue force single point sling
    SIG FDE brace

Upper
    Spikes FDE Cerakoted upper
    Surefire Warcomp open tine Nuetral timing
    Troy Bravo rail 9in HK flip up sights
    Faxon 10.5 SOCOM barrel
    Noveske Gas block
    BCM Mod44 ambi charging handle
    Fail Zero NiB BCG
    Inforce HSP WML
    EoTech XPS 2 or 3 I forget.

It shoots smooth and shoots well. I zeroed it at 50 yds, for a mil spec type trigger and not really having been broken it it shoots well, Bob at Faxon makes great barrels and I thank him for this barrel. It's meant to be a little HD gun hence the 10.5 barrel and light (not pictured). Plus this is the first AR pistol either me or my dad has had. The rail came off of my 3 gun rifle when I rebarreled and gave it a longer rail, the brace was over half off and everything else I found on sale or already had. The total cost for this was less than $750 for me.
    IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice! Only thing I'd argue is your claim about the Phase 5 pistol RE. I think the VLTOR A5 pistol RE might be a little better

If you haven't done so already, a little grease on the trigger group goes a long way towards making the pull smoother.

You got a lucky dad!

Any plans for a suppressor?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I haven't checked out the VLTOR but they make great stuff. I like the phase 5 because it's designed to work with the sig brace and it has that shoulder to make a good length of pull. I plan on getting a surefire 300 sps one day. I have a silencer tech but it's a thread on instead of fast attach. I want to get the 300 sps because I have a 308 with a surefire brake and I have a 300 blackout faxon arak that I wouldn't mind putting a can on.