I've searched and read through a lot of old threads but have not come upon a clear breakdown of other non-LED RDS options that are rugged and trustworthy for defending life and property. There are a couple that touch on it, but none that I've found that really break it down.

I've run an Aimpoint PRO on my HD 6720 and it's very fast and workable at close quarters distances, but due to astigmatism I get the whole blurry/starred dot effect and end up dropping down to BUIS for anything over 25yds or so for precision work. Minute of man is doable with the dot for a good bit further but it's frustrating to be limited by gear like that.

I'm a Toyota/Glock/Colt guy so I like bombproof gear. With that said is there anything on the vetted and recommended list for non LED optics in the sub $700 price bracket? The EO Tech reticle is crisp for me, and obviously LPVs like the Steiner P4Xi are as well at 1x, but I cannot find a good consensus of experienced opinions here that state whether those outlier options are dependable and rugged enough for home defense, LE work, etc.

This optic will be going on a new 6920 Trooper that will be 100% dedicated to home and property defense - inside the house and out to 200yds or so outdoors. The bombproof standard is a 6920 with an Aimpoint PRO. Is there any other option in the same relative price bracket that is not a LED red dot? If not I'll just run another Aimpoint (maybe a micro) and accept the limitations at distance. I *cannot* have an optic on this rifle that is not Aimpoint quality.

As much as I hate to ask this - If there is nothing in the $700 bracket of Aimpoint quality - what is the least expensive option for a non-LED that is truly dependable in this use case?

Thanks in advance, everyone.