Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Glock Gen 5 crooked rear sight Issue?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    My Gen 5 G19 with Ameriglos came from the factory with the rear sight just a hair to the right.

I'm completely okay with this because it saved me from adjusting it right myself.

At 25 yards POA is slightly right from POI which for me is okay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Key word in the thread title is "possible". I'm not trying to suggest anything screwy with the new Glock Gen 5's, just fishing for information before I take the plunge and buy one.

I'm reading posts on other forums that a lot of Gen 5's are coming with rear sights off center. Not sure if it's just a need to re-zero once you get the pistol or if there's an actual issue with some guns having the necessity for off-center sights. Anybody got a Gen 5 with the rear sight obviously off-center yet the gun is sighted in properly?

(I know something like that wouldn't even bother a lot of people, but it bothers me).

Feedback Score
    I think we can discount the "just a hair" to one side pistols. For all I know my Gen 4 is that way (I prolly wouldn't notice unless it's grossly to one side).

HAS ANYBODY BOUGHT A GEN 5 GLOCK WITH THE REAR SIGHT "GROSSLY" TO ONE SIDE?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could this be Glock SWAGing that a lot of people shoot left with glocks so they pushed rears right to compensate?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Here's an illustration of what I'm asking about. Anybody have Gen 5 sights this far off (or nearly)?

Rear_Sight_Off_Center.jpg

And if your sight was this far off when you purchased the pistol, did you find that you had to leave it there to shoot POA, or did you find that the sight was in fact in the wrong place and the gun shot to point of aim when you centered the rear sight?

That is the issue here: Do a lot of Gen 5's seem to need the sight off to one side, or is that a minor hiccup at the Glock factory that goes away as soon as you center the rear sight or replace it with a centered rear sight?
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-03-17 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I think we can discount the "just a hair" to one side pistols. For all I know my Gen 4 is that way (I prolly wouldn't notice unless it's grossly to one side).

HAS ANYBODY BOUGHT A GEN 5 GLOCK WITH THE REAR SIGHT "GROSSLY" TO ONE SIDE?
    My G19 G5 came with the rear sight centered (or looks centered). It has the Ameriglo sights.

NC

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    My G19 G5 came with the rear sight centered (or looks centered). It has the Ameriglo sights.

NC
    My gen5 game centered, with glock night sights. Did you center yours op?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My 19.5 with Ameriglo (Orange front) sights came with sights centered and shoots centered.

My 17.5 with plastic sights came with the rear sight pushed all the way to the right and hit to the right. I centered the rear sight and is now shoots centered.

IMG_2029.jpg
    Last edited by HCM; 10-04-17 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    All the Gen5 Glocks that I've seen - three model 17s and six or seven model 19s - have appeared to have the rear sight in the middle of the dovetail. After Mrgunsandgear noted that his arrived with an off-center rear sight, I made sure to check.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    It's Sig's fault.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up my Gen5 17 on Monday. My plastic rear sight was pushed to the right enough that it did not look right at first glance from the top. I replaced it with an ameriglo all black rear sight and centered it correctly. With the Ameriglo rear sight the gun shot to the point of aim without issue. I put 240 rounds through it without issue. I also took my 17 Gen 4 out and put 170 rounds through it without issue. I like the Gen5 but I would not sell a Gen4 to buy one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast