Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible Glock Gen 5 crooked rear sight Issue?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've put sights on three Gen5 19s. I don't remember where the stock sight was, but all three zeroed fine for me at 25 with the rear sight centered on the slide.

They have all needed a .235" tall front.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I've put sights on three Gen5 19s. I don't remember where the stock sight was, but all three zeroed fine for me at 25 with the rear sight centered on the slide.

They have all needed a .235" tall front.
    For the uninitiated, is that an unusual sight height?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stock, up to this point has been .165.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just bought a Gen5 19 and it didn’t have this issue.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    For the uninitiated, is that an unusual sight height?
    With a .250" rear like Heinie, Warren, 10-8, etc, a .215" front has historically been the most commonly recommended front height on a 19.

Feedback Score
    For as far back as I can remember, I've found out that it is not uncommon to require sight verification and adjustments for that properly for most any platform that does not have that said alignment tested for precision/accuracy prior to that for most any platform. It can be more comforting to see the sights closer to a mechanical or measured center as delivered, but I've found that point to be more muted knowing that adjustments are not abnormal at all.
    For the OP though, some of these do appear worse on some of the gen 5 guns, but I have not seen this as being issue that can not be fixed with the same methods that get used anyway for one that appears correct without verifying that. It takes very minimal tools and expertise to verify and correct to a proper zero on these and most anything else. I recently used just less than 1/4 of the windage adjustment and more than a full rotation on the front sight on a new Colt 6920, but I see it as an operation to verify the alignment, not as an issue that it had not been previously tested on.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Back when 6920s came with carry handles I unboxed one and shot a carbine match out to 200 yards with it. Dead on!

And yeah, I always bring a sight pusher with me the first few range trips to make sure I get my windage right.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Could this be Glock SWAGing that a lot of people shoot left with glocks so they pushed rears right to compensate?
    Wouldn’t that actually exacerbate the problem? Pushing the rear sight to the right would increase the leftward point of impact.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Wouldn’t that actually exacerbate the problem? Pushing the rear sight to the right would increase the leftward point of impact.
    No. You got that backward.

Feedback Score
    Here's a discussion of this subject on another board:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ge...-left.1677680/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast