Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Possible Glock Gen 5 crooked rear sight Issue?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    On my Gen 5 G19, I lightly sanded the complete outer edge of the grip cutout, *just taking off the sharp edge*. I also put around a .060" wide by 45 degree chamfer or bevel on the *inner* edge of the cutout where the mag is inserted. It pretty much eliminates any chance of the mag hanging up on the front inside edge of the magwell .
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-16-17 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    A follow up to this thread...

I picked up a Glock 17 Gen 5 this past weekend with Ameriglo sights.

Looking at the gun, rear to front, the front sight was canted quite a bit to the left. I ended up putting the slide on the edge of a table and rested the front sight on the ledge. A couple taps on the slide and the sight was straightened. I checked the screw to make sure it was still tight and so far everything is good to go.

One thing I did notice on this Glock was the amount of loctite (I'm guessing that's what they used) around the front sight and on top of the slide. I scrubbed the bejeezus out of it with a brush, rubbing alcohol and CLP. Got most of it off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My G19.5 rear sight was centered up. The others I looked at seemed okay as well. Tore my plastic sights off and installed CAPs.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345