Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vegas Shooter Screwed Us on Deregulation of Suppressors

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Aside from the bill being shelved I ponder as to what new regulations the BATFE will grace upon us in response to the LV shooting; bumpfire stocks, hell fire trigger gizmos, arm braces, Mossberg Shockwave/Remington TAC-14, et al. . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Ignorant Hillary was savaged for her comments on silencers:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-shooting.html

Hillary Clinton ✔ @HillaryClinton
    Las Vegas, we are grieving with you—the victims, those who lost loved ones, the responders, & all affected by this cold-blooded massacre.
    Follow
    Hillary Clinton ✔@HillaryClinton
    The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots.

Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get.
    8:03 AM - Oct 2, 2017
    33,204 33,204 Replies 60,567 60,567 Retweets 164,882 164,882 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    It was an apparent reference to the NRA’s push to ease federal rules for silencers.

But conservative critics quickly hit back, saying silencers probably would only moderately dampen the sound of gunfire in this kind of attack – especially from what was described as a high-powered weapon.

“Suppressors only reduce by a few decibels, still same decibel level as a jackhammer,” tweeted Dana Loesch, a talk radio host and NRA spokeswoman.

Follow
    Dana Loesch ✔@DLoesch
    Suppressors only reduce by a few decibels, still same decibel level as a jackhammer. https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/s...53465926639618
    8:38 AM - Oct 2, 2017
    1,183 1,183 Replies 2,475 2,475 Retweets 7,431 7,431 likes
    Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro, editor in chief of The Daily Wire, blasted Clinton’s tweets as “Ignorant, irrelevant and exploitative.”
    Bureau gathering videos, photos to assist law enforcement; Catherine Herridge reports from Washington, D.C.Video
    FBI opens tipline in Las Vegas shooting investigation

Follow
    Ben Shapiro ✔@benshapiro
    Ignorant, irrelevant and exploitative https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/s...53465926639618
    8:40 AM - Oct 2, 2017
    1,818 1,818 Replies 25,813 25,813 Retweets 80,485 80,485 likes
    Radio host and CIA veteran Buck Sexton had a similar take: “Appallingly stupid, and entirely irrelevant, Mrs Clinton She knows nothing about firearms, and even worse, she doesn't care.”

Follow
    Buck Sexton ✔@BuckSexton
    Appallingly stupid, and entirely irrelevant, Mrs Clinton

She knows nothing about firearms,
    and even worse, she doesn't care. https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/s...53465926639618
    9:06 AM - Oct 2, 2017
    630 630 Replies 3,147 3,147 Retweets 7,365 7,365 likes
    Follow
    Scott Greer ✔@ScottMGreer
    From noted firearm expert Hillary Clinton https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/s...53465926639618
    8:38 AM - Oct 2, 2017
    186 186 Replies 400 400 Retweets 1,321 1,321 likes
    Follow
    Rich Lowry ✔@RichLowry
    what a tone-deaf political hackhttps://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/914853465926639618 …
    9:35 AM - Oct 2, 2017
    309 309 Replies 329 329 Retweets 1,132 1,132 likes
    White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders also pushed back when asked about Clinton’s statements at Monday’s briefing.

“I think before we start trying to talk about the preventions of what took place last night, we need to know more facts, and right now we’re simply not at that point,” Sanders said. “It is very easy for Mrs. Clinton to criticize and to come out, but I think we need to remember the only person with blood on their hands is that of the shooter, and this isn’t a time for us to go after individuals or organizations. I think we can have those policy conversations but today is not that day.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Exclamation Federal suppressor BAN in the works on capitol hill

Gents,

Unconfirmed reports (Grant has access to this source) are coming from D.C.

Dems want to ban suppressors (no more civilian transfers) on the theory that the Vegas shooter would have killed more people if equipped with cans.

Nobody is going to look good defending black rifles and mags. Cans could be an additional sacrifice in addition to bump fire stocks and binary triggers etc.

Emotions, not reason are fanning the fires.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No source at all???

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Because SO many crimes are committed with suppressed weapons....

Not shooting the messenger, just acknowledging the absurdity of it all.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    No source at all???

Official Kremlin Transmission
    Not sure he wants to be quoted.

I'm not one to spread rumors for fun. I was hoping HPA would pass but it looks like the dems want to push in the opposite direction. Just passing this along.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Would seriously think of dumping my NRA membership is they threw cans under the bus.

Feedback Score
    This is just a waste of taxpayers money by introducing such absurd legislation. It is obviously just a ploy by the democrats to offset the HPA and has no chance in hell of being passed. It will however probably make the HPA more difficult to pass and will give the left a rallying point.

Feedback Score
    While I don't own any NFA items, if I had a can and they were banned you obviously can't deny having it 'cause they're registered items, so before I turned it over I'd make sure it was made inoperable. Drilling some HUGE holes in it, smashing it with a hammer, etc.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    And so it begins. That's why NRA made a smart move by suggesting ATF should look at bump stock regulations. Anything else opens a can of worms to ban all kinds of things through legislation. NRA could feel the heat of "something must be done" while cleverly passing the buck to an agency that is completely divorced from media and political rhetoric.

I have no doubt that if any new gun regulation manages to get through Congress to the president's desk it will begin a free-for-all of gun owners being on the defensive (and mostly losing) for the forseeable future.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-06-17 at 09:03.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast