Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Vegas Shooter Screwed Us on Deregulation of Suppressors

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This thread is in the NFA section and is about suppressors. At least keep it close to tech side of NFA and related legislation. Unrelated content was removed.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If there was ever any intent to deregulate suppressors it would have happened by now. We can be assured any ban attempts will be faster paced. Surprised there hasn't been more of a push for various bans this year since new legislation would not receive the opposition it would have received in previous years.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've no idea how realistic de-regulation of suppressors is... but this vegas thing is only a momentary distraction until the idiot masses are mad at Joel Olsteen again, or whatever stupid social media perpetuated nonsense.

Suppressors haven't played a key role in any major crime that I'm aware of...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    that doesn't mean they wont get rid of them given the chance

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't think they are getting rid of them, but they won't get off the NFA list for another 10 million years. And I doubt the they were ever getting off, even though they should. The whole thing is goofy, SBR's need a stamp?? Cans need a stamp ??? Bump stocks will be stamp worthy if not illegal after this mess, not that I care about bump stocks but whatever.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    If there was ever any intent to deregulate suppressors it would have happened by now. We can be assured any ban attempts will be faster paced. Surprised there hasn't been more of a push for various bans this year since new legislation would not receive the opposition it would have received in previous years.

When? I think now is the best chance we've had in modern history that I know of (I could just be ignorant), so I think we need to keep pushing.

Normalize them, deregulate them... like AIDs, but less of a problem.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    When? I think now is the best chance we've had in modern history that I know of (I could just be ignorant), so I think we need to keep pushing.

Normalize them, deregulate them... like AIDs, but less of a problem.
    When would be any day since 20 January 2017 if things are as great as many claim.

A similar greatest days of all time scenario existed after 20 January 2001 and nothing was repealed then either (they did manage to ban the import of self loading rifle barrels and receivers though) so this has every indication of being more of the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've no idea how realistic de-regulation of suppressors is... but this vegas thing is only a momentary distraction until the idiot masses are mad at Joel Olsteen again, or whatever stupid social media perpetuated nonsense.

That didn't keep them from effectively being taxed out of existence in 1934.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    True, but that didn't stop Hillary from Tweeting the instant the 1 October story broke attempting to make out it would have been worse had the NRA pushed through the bill de-regulating them. People for the most part are, well lets just say "uneducated" on such matters and knee jerk to the anti-spin.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456