Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with new .50bmg purchase.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Help with new .50bmg purchase.

I had no intention of purchasing a Barrett. I was at a shop in Tennessee and they had a brand new M99 for half price ..been sitting yada yada. So i bought it. My brain hurts from researching scopes all day. Longest range i have access to is 1100 yards. I think i want a NF NXS 5.5-22×50 but....there are 10000000 suggestions all over the place. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacticalFun; 10-03-17 at 15:26.
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've shot past 1100 on 15x. 22x is plenty of glass.

Your biggest issue will be recoil. I would get the most robust scope/mount combo you can afford from a top tier manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agreed on getting a sturdy mount.

That said, hope to hear range report. Nice snag.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Ken Ferrell rings, Nightforce, Larue, just a few off top of my head for good to go rings/ scope mounts. I have my Nightforce scope mounted with K Ferrell rings and scope mount, the rifle would fail before the rest. Great find.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I ordered larue rings and 200 of the 750 grain amax.

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    I run an old school Luepold Ultra M1 16X on mine, has held up for years. Just dont go cheap, muzzle brakes on 50's are tough on scopes.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    In case anyone cares i bought a u.s. optics 3.2-17.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    In case anyone cares i bought a u.s. optics 3.2-17.

Nobody is going to bash that scope. Nice glass. I have always wanted one, but as a creature of habit I buy NF. I have only shot the Mac50, never a Barret. Very cool and 750 AMAX sounds as cool as it truly is!!!!

Well done and range report when you go punish some stuff.

For you guys that shoot 50's regularly, how bad will a 50 trash my Big Dawg steel 1/2 AR500 target at 500 yards? Blow a hole? Major dent ? Fold in half, how about 1,000 yards ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Great choice on the USO, I have that exact scope on my 308. As far as 1/2 AR500 targets and the 50?Depends on what your shooting. Target should be fine. The 750 AMAX in particular has an aluminum tip and lead core, so wouldnt damage hard steel at that distance...Plus you get a nice flash when the aluminum tip hits steel. M33 ball, any type of AP , or solids will cause more damage. A buddy of mine and I were shooting ball at a soft piece of steel at about 250 yards, about 1 1/2 inch thick..Most punched through, but as I said it was soft steel.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    We need a range report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast