Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School me on aftermarket M16 trigger groups

Feedback Score

School me on aftermarket M16 trigger groups

My new to me M16A1 arrived at my dealer last week and I was able to shoot it. I'm happy to report that it was in the condition described. I put 40rds down the pipe and couldn't be happier. I've read that many M16 owners trade out the OEM triggers for aftermarket triggers. Why and what are the good options out there along with their advantages and disadvantages?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Geissele SSF. No disadvantages that I know of. I never even fired the rifle with the Colt FCG - I stripped it and put new parts in it as soon as it came home with me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    My new to me M16A1 arrived at my dealer last week and I was able to shoot it. I'm happy to report that it was in the condition described. I put 40rds down the pipe and couldn't be happier. I've read that many M16 owners trade out the OEM triggers for aftermarket triggers. Why and what are the good options out there along with their advantages and disadvantages?
    tagged, I have always wondered why too. None of my MGs are precision firearms, iron sights or red dots at best, factory trigger works fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For me, same reason as I put Geissele SSAs in all my ARs, except the one I have an SSA-E in. I just like the trigger far better than mil-spec.

I've also seen arguments made for replacing all the original parts down to the receiver, and keeping them stored, to return the gun to original condition in the event of selling it. In my case the rifle was all original and in excellent condition as I received it, so that was another reason.
    Last edited by Muzap; 10-29-17 at 19:08. Reason: Clarification

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Geissele SSF. It's outstanding. I have them in both of my M16s. I would just use the Geissele FCG pins, avoid KNS non-rotating unless you're planning on shooting 9mm. The KNS pin struts will slightly burnish the anodizing where they sit against the receiver. I had them on both M16s and removed them when I installed the SSFs. If you did want to use KNS pins, they make a set that is specifically made for Geissele FCGs.

I find it much easier to shoot controlled 2, 3, and 4 round bursts with the SSF vs factory FCG.

Last edited by JoshNC; 10-29-17 at 15:34.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Josh, is the Geissele SSF outstanding in that it's easier to shoot more accurately with it or is that it allows for better burst control?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Josh, is the Geissele SSF outstanding in that it's easier to shoot more accurately with it or is that it allows for better burst control?
    Both. On semiauto and for the first round of fullauto it's a SSA. On fullauto it's easier for burst control. I find that I just shoot my M16 better with an SSF installed. It's a must-have M16 upgrade IMO.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 10-29-17 at 15:44.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Josh is spot on. Better accuracy at speed in semi, better burst control in full. It's the closest thing to telepathic I've run. Think two, send two. Think three, send three. If I slap it just a bit, I can tickle off single rounds in full auto, which is nearly impossible with the factory fcg.

It really is that good. Best mod I've made to my M16A1.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    OK, I'm convinced. Besides, what's another $300 on top of what I've already spent?
    Is this the correct one?
    http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-...in-154-gat-ssf
    Does it come with the Geissele pins or do you have to order those separately?
    Last edited by Bret; 10-29-17 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OK, I'm convinced. Besides, what's another $300 on top of what I've already spent?
    Is this the correct one?
    http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-...in-154-gat-ssf
    Does it come with the Geissele pins or do you have to order those separately?
    It comes with pins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast