Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of the American Empire?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    As long as we got nukes we can do whatever we want
    I hear you, but when the Soviet Union broke up wasn't there concern that certain factions had or were in danger of getting their hands on some of the Soviet nukes?

If some faction of the military decides to go rogue five years from now because they can't stand President Slackjaw who hates the military, and they decide to form their own country...etc...etc...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Add to this the mounting destruction caused by climate change...
    Fake news. He could be spot on with the economics, but when he brings up this nonsense, he's lost all credibility with me.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Fake news. He could be spot on with the economics, but when he brings up this nonsense, he's lost all credibility with me.
    LOL. I agree, although when I first read that my thought was "all the mounting destruction caused by the people who promote the concept of climate change."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Climate change can also refer to the earth's natural cycles. A lack of a couple of inches rainfall in one area can send a local economy on the edge over the side, leaving folks to starve. Likewise, a fractional degree's difference and you have rain, instead of snow. This quickens the demise of glaciers. Bolivia, for one, is already in crisis:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...rought-bolivia
    What does the water being frozen or not have to do with a drought?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    What does the water being frozen or not have to do with a drought?
    Sorry that wasn't clearer. I was trying to make the point that less rain as a result of the earth's normal cycle of climate change obviously will impact areas of little rainfall. Another example of climate change causing harm is the case illustrated in the article, temperature increases slightly, less snow, more rain at altitude, the rain accelerates erosion of the glacier, and bang, there you are.

Not much we can do about the earth's normal cycle. That the earth's climate changes over time shouldn't be up for debate. What is up for debate is whether man's impact is negligible, or a real issue.

Feedback Score
    The USA is finished. We the people have allowed our politicians to slowly destroy our country for too many years and we've gone beyond the point of no return. The largest obstacle facing us is the people themselves. Morals and character have greatly diminished. I truly believe that our only salvation is a revolution and the tearing down and rebuilding of our government.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I truly believe that anyone who thinks there is no hope for our country besides war is just as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I'm going to say something here and you can Fact check me:

Department Of ______ and budget as of 2016.

State : $47 Billion

Defense: $586 Billion

Transportation: $80 Billion

Interior: $24.5 Billion

Labor: $16 Billion

Agriculture: $160 Billion

Commerce: $9 Billion

Health & Human Services $790 Billion

Housing & Urban Development: $36 Billion

EnergyL $32 Billion

Veteran Affairs: $186 Billion

Education: $72 Billion

Justice: $36 Billion

Treasury: $17.3 Billion

Homeland Security: $46.2 Billion

The Executive Branch Budget equals $2.2 Trillion dollars every year.

Agencies:

There is a list of like 636 agencies all receive a budget between $2.5 million and $12 billion and if you add all the budgets up you get a total of around 4.7 Trillion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepe...tes_government

There are 26 nations including Israel, Greece, Poland and Latvia that receive donations from the US in the amount of more than $10 billion. Not to mention the US is contributing almost 60% of the entire UN budget and upwards to almost 50% of NATO budget.

Here is a list of all the government owned companies"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-...#United_States

Included Freddy Mac, Fannie Mae and a list of over a dozen banks.

Trust me because I have spent over 2 hours adding up all the budgets of all the departments, sub departments, agencies, regulatory commissions and government owned /subsidized companies that the bottom line total is

$8,036,186,914,277

USA GDP is $18.5 Trillion

The National Debt is not just Government debt but also includes YOUR mortgage, car loan, credit cards, student loans etc. It represents the entire nations debt. It will never be paid off because our money is backed by debt! Our money is worth more when there is more debt. That is why our money says, "promise to pay", not "paid in full". Debt has a tactical advantage and gives us leverage.
    Last edited by elephant; 10-05-17 at 03:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I agree, the moral compass is gone. It's not gay marriage, marijuana, and all that stuff.
    We have homosexual marriage, drugs, and all that stuff because the nation's moral compass is gone.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I'm going to say something here and you can Fact check me:

Department Of ______ and budget as of 2016.

State : $47 Billion

Defense: $586 Billion

Transportation: $80 Billion

Interior: $24.5 Billion

Labor: $16 Billion

Agriculture: $160 Billion

Commerce: $9 Billion

Health & Human Services $790 Billion

Housing & Urban Development: $36 Billion

EnergyL $32 Billion

Veteran Affairs: $186 Billion

Education: $72 Billion

Justice: $36 Billion

Treasury: $17.3 Billion

Homeland Security: $46.2 Billion

The Executive Branch Budget equals $2.2 Trillion dollars every year.

Agencies:

There is a list of like 636 agencies all receive a budget between $2.5 million and $12 billion and if you add all the budgets up you get a total of around 4.7 Trillion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepe...tes_government

There are 26 nations including Israel, Greece, Poland and Latvia that receive donations from the US in the amount of more than $10 billion. Not to mention the US is contributing almost 60% of the entire UN budget and upwards to almost 50% of NATO budget.

Here is a list of all the government owned companies"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-...#United_States

Included Freddy Mac, Fannie Mae and a list of over a dozen banks.

Trust me because I have spent over 2 hours adding up all the budgets of all the departments, sub departments, agencies, regulatory commissions and government owned /subsidized companies that the bottom line total is

$8,036,186,914,277

USA GDP is $18.5 Trillion

The National Debt is not just Government debt but also includes YOUR mortgage, car loan, credit cards, student loans etc. It represents the entire nations debt. It will never be paid off because our money is backed by debt! Our money is worth more when there is more debt. That is why our money says, "promise to pay", not "paid in full". Debt has a tactical advantage and gives us leverage.
    Thank you for compiling. How many of those agencies could be rid altogether <ahem> education <ahem>, and how many could be substantially reduced? With the tax money poured back into the states where it could really benefit people (or left to the individuals pre-tax).

A bloated, cancerous, dying elephant...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast