Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: U.S. SpecOps troops ambushed in Niger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Otto von Bismarck said that the Balkans "were not worth the bones of one Pomeranian grenadier".

Pray tell what in Niger is worth 3 SFs KIA and 2 WIA?!
    Why was Korea, Vietnam, the middle east. Africa as well as Afghanistan worth one of our brave and great peoples life.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

U.S. SpecOps troops ambushed in Niger

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Why was Korea, Vietnam, the middle east. Africa as well as Afghanistan worth one of our brave and great peoples life.
    Well we were attacked by terrorists harbored in Afghanistan. To not go kill them would have been some weak ass shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Well we were attacked by terrorists harbored in Afghanistan. To not go kill them would have been some weak ass shit.

Or if you subscribe to it, Afghanistan for opiates, Iraq for oil. Both of which were needed for our consumption and economy as a Country.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Or if you subscribe to it, Afghanistan for opiates, Iraq for oil. Both of which were needed for our consumption and economy as a Country.
    Well, I'm gonna go with what Wake27 said...... "Well we were attacked by terrorists harbored in Afghanistan. To not go kill them would have been some weak ass shit." Conspiracy theories might exist for a reason, but I'm 52 so I was a well-informed adult on 9-11 and the ensuing years.

We went into OEF for the right reasons: To remove Al Qaeda from their sanctuaries in Afghanistan and remove the Islamic fundamentalist government which facilitated that, the aim being to establish an "order" (government?) that would not allow that to occur in the future. Whether we pulled it off with long-term success and the decisions we made along the way may be up for debate, to me the reason why were went there will never be up for debate.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 06-18-18 at 18:42.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We hardly need Afghanistan to support our opiate addiction. With ample fertile farm land here, we can grow enough to supply the entire world and then some.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    How much oil do you think Iraq has exported in the last 18 years.............they had one (1) refinery after we invaded and it didn't even take care of their needs.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567