Someone came up with a receiver mounted mini-30 stripper clip guide using AK stripper clips!!!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/NR...clip-guide-582

This is causing me to consider the possibility of getting a mini-30 and Ruger American in 7.62x39.

The idea being the mini-30 for short range and the Americanski for short to mid range with better accuracy.

Same mags, same ammo. Nice.

This mini-30 stripper clip guide appears to be the only other way to get a semi auto besides the SKS and the VZ58 in 7.62x39 using AK stripper clips. This combo appears to be the only way to get a bolt gun and semi in 7.62x39 using the same mags. It also appears to be the only bolt gun offering a decent capacity and not totally proprietary and weird mag. Plus while mini-30 mags are expensive, they are not as bad as, say, CZ527 mags, and about the same as HOWA 7.62x39 mags.

OTOH mags are expensive and proprietary and I might be better off doing something different. What otehr 7.6x39 options in thsi theme do you propose. Alternatives need to be 7.62x39, otherwise I would definitely do something quite different

For example could a straight pull AR with free floated barrel be as accurate as the ruger bolt gun?

TED