Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor decision... Omega .300 vs Saker ASR 556K

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Of those two I would recommend the Omega as it has more use cases. I would recommend making a list of your priorities in a suppressor. Good thread on the topic - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...he-Surefire-RC

Other than that I would highly recommend looking at the Sig cans or the new Q cans.
    Last edited by themonk; 10-06-17 at 05:45.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I already have a full size 556 can and was in the same boat as you on deciding between these two cans.. I went with the Omega for my 30 caliber options and planning on picking up the Saker K shortly for a second 556 can. If I had it to do all over again and could only have 1 of your options I would get the Omega to use it on everything.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I hear you on the mounts. I would at least consider if that is the mounting system you want to go with. A couple hundred extra dollars to change mounting systems, for me, is much better than dealing with issues with them down the road. Some concerns with the ASR system have been mentioned already, and seeing them come through the range I work at i am much more confident in the KAC/surefire/dead air attachment method.

That being said, if you are happy with ASR, the options you have listed seem like the most logical choices, and are great suppressors.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I hear you on the mounts. I would at least consider if that is the mounting system you want to go with. A couple hundred extra dollars to change mounting systems, for me, is much better than dealing with issues with them down the road. Some concerns with the ASR system have been mentioned already, and seeing them come through the range I work at i am much more confident in the KAC/surefire/dead air attachment method.

That being said, if you are happy with ASR, the options you have listed seem like the most logical choices, and are great suppressors.
    I second this. The original Saker Trifecta muzzle device design, while a neat idea, was poorly executed. The ASR muzzle device design is dated and companies like Dead Air, KAC, Surefire, et al have greatly exceeded the capabilities of ASR. With that said, the Saker body is a very good design and is incredibly durable. But in the same experience (managing a range and retail store,) I've seen ASR mounts that have been in the wild for two or more years and they are ate up. You WILL eventually replace them from wear and tear.

edit: To reiterate the 556k is the better suppressor of the two out of my experience. The Omega ASR adapter comes loose regularly on a few of my customers' guns and allows the suppressor body to spin free from the muzzle device and locking collar. With that said I've owned a Saker for 3+ years and I think it's a great suppressor, but the mounting system is lacking and benefits greatly from the Key-mo adapters that Dead Air released. After the head ache of launching my suppressor once and seeing multiple launches from customers' guns, I wish Dead Air had been around when I bought the Saker, or I'd at least bought a Surefire instead.
    Last edited by Leonidas24; 10-05-17 at 21:57.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I also have one of the original saker 556 cans and while I think the can itself is rock solid, the mount sucks. Key-Mo made it a stellar general purpose can for AR rifles, especially SBRs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Is the Omega compatible with DeadAir mounts, were I to want to do that in the future? Or just the Saker ASR 556K?
    I'm definitely not going to swap them all out now, considering my sizable flash hider investment. But I'd consider it for later.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes you can get an Omega mount that works with dead air.

It's expensive and you have to swap all your muzzle devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have an Omega from 2016 (Not sure if that's any different from the currently marketed Omega 300) that I had bought entirely for use with my 11.5" 223/556. While I very easily could have gotten a 556 dedicated can, considering I don't even own anything larger, I ultimately decided on the Omega because it at least gave me the option to use it on multiple rifles were I to get something new in the future. That alone sealed the deal. No regrets what so ever, great can.

Is the Dead Air Keymount that superior to the SiCo ASR? I've heard a few stories of ASR cans either flying off and/or the can not being able to come off post-shooting but thus far have experienced none of these issues. Deadair has the Key-Mo for the Omega, but were looking at over $300 in parts to change mounting systems.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Keep in mind that if you buy a Dead Air can (Sandman S or K for example) it will come with a .30 cal muzzle device. If you bought one 5.56 mount you'd be covered right away for two calibers. Replace the others in the months while you're waiting for your stamp to come back. They don't have to be done all at once.
    Last edited by SteveL; 10-07-17 at 21:10.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I'll likely just get the suppressor, and leave the possibility of converting open for later. I'm in no rush got that.

So I'm about 80% decided on the Omega .300. The one thing that has me hesitating is that it'll cost me $235 more than the Saker, with similar usefulness (just not on 7.62).
    Anyone have a photo comparing the Omega with ASR mount and flat end cap to the Saker ASR 556K?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast