Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmark Times to Shoot For With Your AR15 - An M4C Collaboration Project

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Here is a drill we run at work. We call it the Navy SEAL drill as one of our officers who is a former SEAL introduced it to us.

Target is a silhouette with an 8 inch circle target zone. We use a TQ-19-AZ target.
    Distance is 50 yards.
    3 magazines with 5 rounds each.

Drill starts standing. On the buzzer fire 5 rounds. Reload. Then move to intermediate position (ie kneeling). Fire 5 rounds. Reload. Move to prone. Fire 5 rounds.

Par time is 25 seconds. Every second over is +2 seconds. Every shot out of the 8 inch circle is +5 seconds. Every shot off of silhouette is +10 seconds.

A good time is under 40 seconds
    Finally got a chance to get out.
    First time shooting a rifle in a couple months.
    Did the drill 3 Times (only rifle shooting I did today).
    Using the scoring you detail, 2nd round was “33 sec”
    1st was 50, 3rd was 45 sec.

I found out I’m weak in the kneeling position and I should use my sling next time- doh!

Last edited by MegademiC; 11-18-17 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Benchmark Times to Shoot For With Your AR15 - An M4C Collaboration Project

I got out to the range today and did a little shooting and moving so I thought I would give this thread a bump in honor of M4C’s savior, Eurodriver.

https://youtu.be/qcH9nufmJnU

B/C Steel at 50 yds, Two barricades 25yds apart, 70lb dumb bell between barricades, 100lb sandbag at Target. 10 shots (divided into 5 in 2 mags). Rifle unloaded on ground by dumb bell. Upon buzzer perform 20 reps (10 each arm) DB snatch, retrieve sandbag from berm. Load rifle and proceed to either barricade. Once at barricade shooter will engage target with one hit from kneeling strong side, standing strong side, kneeling weak side, upon all three hits shooter will proceed to next barricade and repeat.

https://youtu.be/eWq48XkHV5s
    Set it Off (Pat Mac)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Cool. I was disappointed in no "get you some" at the end. The running and lifting heavy "stuff" is a good test but fun. I've done a couple of drills like that, albeit with less weight. Have you run this previous? What's a "good" or par time for the drill? I'd like to give this a go too.

I finally shot the damn Navy Qual drill clean in 32 secs on Tuesday. Couldn't repeat it again in two more tries though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Cool. I was disappointed in no "get you some" at the end. The running and lifting heavy "stuff" is a good test but fun. I've done a couple of drills like that, albeit with less weight. Have you run this previous? What's a "good" or par time for the drill? I'd like to give this a go too.

I finally shot the damn Navy Qual drill clean in 32 secs on Tuesday. Couldn't repeat it again in two more tries though.
    Only Pat Mac can be Pat Mac. I like what he preaches and my training reflects it. While physical exertion shouldn’t be part of every drill, it is an important part of training. I have ran “Set it Off” in the past but the video was the only run of it today.

The other drill I had not done this drill in the past (prior to today). A friend gave it to me and I modified it by adding in the snatches and sandbag carry. I ran the drill five times total and the video was my last and fastest run by about 2 seconds. I did it in 105.48, I would say an appropriate par time should be around 150 seconds. If someone can’t complete the drill with a 70lb dumbbell and 100lb sandbag then id recommend using lighter weight as opposed to adding more time.

Feedback Score
    I'll share a drill that the highest speed guy I know shared with me a month ago. he calls it slick willie (heh) as it's basically a bill drill, reload, el prez, reload, bill drill. i run it with pistol and carbine. 24 rounds, 3 mag changes. my goal with a clean run with 1.5 sec draw, .2 splits and .3 transitions and 1 sec mag changes would be 9 seconds, but i'm running around 2x that because i spend all my free time with bolt guns over the past half dozen years and have gotten really rusty

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Had a great time training today with an old friend from California. Here's me running one of my favorite drills...the V-TAC 1-5. Not my fastest, it was around 20 degrees here in the high desert this morning and I was freezing. I know, excuses excuses.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I modified Pat McNamara’s “Set It Off” by placing the steel at 200m and starting the drill off with a 200m sprint.

Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 12-20-17 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    Still haven't gotten a video of the MNQ although I used a variation of it in a course I did for some dudes.

However, I was happy to see Mike Pannone post the Headhunter Drill on his YouTube channel. It has inspiration from the Half and Half drill which is one of my favorites. I would usually run it modified to increase the difficulty so I was glad to see the Headhunter Drill address the fairly slow par times and large scoring zone of the Half and Half drill.

Headhunter Drill
    -All rounds fired are headshots onto USPSA/IDPA target.
    -20 yards 5 rounds 3.5s par time (2x)
    -10 yards 5 rounds 2.5s par time (2x)
    -5 yards 5 rounds 1.5s par time (2x)
    -30 rounds total, 3 targets, 10 rounds per head

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stxbordergun View Post
    Still haven't gotten a video of the MNQ although I used a variation of it in a course I did for some dudes.

However, I was happy to see Mike Pannone post the Headhunter Drill on his YouTube channel. It has inspiration from the Half and Half drill which is one of my favorites. I would usually run it modified to increase the difficulty so I was glad to see the Headhunter Drill address the fairly slow par times and large scoring zone of the Half and Half drill.

Headhunter Drill
    -All rounds fired are headshots onto USPSA/IDPA target.
    -20 yards 5 rounds 3.5s par time (2x)
    -10 yards 5 rounds 2.5s par time (2x)
    -5 yards 5 rounds 1.5s par time (2x)
    -30 rounds total, 3 targets, 10 rounds per head

Hell yeah. Doing this drill tomorrow!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Cool. Similar to the VTAC half and half drill. I like these "up" drills that focus on accuracy, but require speed to accomplish. Seems like the best sort of fundamental work. I like to use a combination of these sort of drills as warm up on every range trip. Still trying to shoot the MMQ with a score under 30 secs. I usually miss one either standing or kneeling or go to slow when shooting it clean. Glad to see folks out shooting in the "cold" Texas Winter!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast