Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmark Times to Shoot For With Your AR15 - An M4C Collaboration Project

Feedback Score
    Got out and shot Drill #2 today.
    Raw time of 110.96.
    2 rounds saved: -4 sec.
    Time for score = 106.96
    Target is similar to a "C" Zone at 12"x20".
    12.5" BCM Kino upper w/MRO.

steel.jpg

Stumbled in the snow and pulled a hammie.

Hoping to get out and run some others before the snow gets any deeper!

Inspiring thread!

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Get some man!

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    Euro, this drill sounds really good. Do you have, or is there, a version of this that is cut in half? A lot of us only have access to 100 yard ranges so maybe a sprint to 100y, then back to 50y line drill?
    Just saw this question.

There is no rigid standard for setup. Any course of fire that incorporates as many mechanics as possible is always a win. If I were limited to a shorter range like 25y, I would load 3 magazines of 5. Starting at the firing line, shuttle sprint to the target and back. 5 in the A zone. Shuttle sprint, 5 in the A zone firing from the support shoulder, rush the 5y line while reloading and put 5 in the brain to work your holdovers, sight tracking, and driving the gun on target during your follow through.

Penalties being +1 sec for C, +5 sec for D, +10 for misses. For the 5 head shots, add 2 seconds for each shot not in the brain box.

Sky is the limit. Just hit the range and push it.
    Last edited by GTF425; 11-11-17 at 20:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Get some man!
    Some Advil?

Feedback Score
    Yeah this is a good thread. Hell it got me to join the forum and not just be lurking in the dark!

I still need to get out and shoot the MNQ on camera...practiced a variant of it on steel at 100 but I'm gonna get some video running it by the book pretty soon.

I'm sure some of you have seen the Operator Readiness Test from Redback One. It's a great manipulations drill to test and even practice. Also fun to compete with buddies for bragging rights.

The drill is shot from 7 yards onto 5.5-6in bullseye.
    10 rounds loaded rifle. 10 rounds loaded pistol.
    Spare mags loaded and ready.

At buzzer:
    10 rifle
    10 pistol
    Reload pistol then 2
    Reload rifle then 2

Looking for no shots dropped with rifle and max of 2 shots dropped with pistol.

Per RB1:
    Tier 1 -15s
    Tier 2 -18s
    Tier 3 -20s

Here is some older video from a practice session. No bulls but using half an A zone gets you close. Groups should easily be covered by your hand.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    @stxbordergun

That's a solid drill. Your transition to pistol was like silk, bro.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Loving these drills.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    stxbordergun,

That will be my next cold drill at the range. Excellent shooting! I'll have a vid my next range trip with a time to see how I can do.

Today, I had to change plans and shoot in a bay vs the cowboy action town that allows for 50y and maneuver. I spent the day working on movement and becoming more efficient with the Razor. The next time the town is available, a MNQ will happen.

Ended the day with two runs on the VTAC 1-5 to bring it all together. Managed this 3.49 clean.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Also, while not necessarily a rigid drill in the sense of having fixed end times to shoot for, I find shot cadence drills to be of huge benefit. I try to watch my splits and compare them to my time between shots transitioning from a torso to head target and vice versa. Incorporating them into lateral and forward movement has also been beneficial in breaking up over reliance on a rigid stance and making gun handling more fluid overall.

Just an example of what I'm talking about. I would definitely compete this with a group of guys, but by myself I just watch splits and use courses of fire like this to track how efficiently I'm able to transition shot placement on a target, follow my sights, and stay consistent with trigger control.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    stxbordergun,

That will be my next cold drill at the range. Excellent shooting! I'll have a vid my next range trip with a time to see how I can do.

Today, I had to change plans and shoot in a bay vs the cowboy action town that allows for 50y and maneuver. I spent the day working on movement and becoming more efficient with the Razor. The next time the town is available, a MNQ will happen.

Ended the day with two runs on the VTAC 1-5 to bring it all together. Managed this 3.49 clean.

RANGE

NINJA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast