Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE layoffs at Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Didn't SilencerCo do a massive lay off last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It sucks when a company have to let folks go.

But to echo the sentiments here, some of their marketing/sales decisions have been eyebrow raising (ie not offering the RIS II rails, the 835 V variants, etc.).
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Didn't SilencerCo do a massive lay off last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. At least we got a $200 credit off that one
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yet they continue to sponsor a car in NASCAR. Priorities, they seem to be lacking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    From my readings and interpretations, they are the perfect example of a company out of touch with their market and suffering from poor executive leadership. Nascar sponsorship? Sure! Continue making rails that everyone wants and are selling for more than original retail in the secondhand market? Nope! Develop a suppressor that has a very low total volume of sales? Sure! Offer so many variants of the AR15 that no one can keep track of which V means what? Sure! Utilize Magpul and other premier furniture instead of designing your own that looks bad anyway? Nope!

I'd bet you money I, and countless other members on this board could turn them around in 1 year.

All this.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

HUGE layoffs at Daniel Defense

I used their fixed sights for a while, until I moved to a LaRue/PRI combo that works better for me. That said my older AR’s, which probably aren’t old by most of you guys standard, still wear DD fixed buis.

I also have a few DD barrels. I like them so I buy them. I did alway think that butt stock of theirs was about as ugly as the guy who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way done. Fugly. Buttugly. And why invent a 32rd mag when you can just buy a Magpul? When I see that kind of stuff, I get the feeling that the company is trying to sell to a certain demographic, and when that demographic isn’t the majority, this kind of stuff happens. I might be off, but that’s what it looks like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    At the very least they should not seek to enforce the non-compete agreements. That would be like a kick in the nuts after being laid off.

Shit happens and you can't always keep employees in hard times for an industry, but if I get wind they are enforcing the non-compete agreements that would make me swear off of Daniel Defense products for life.
    If you sign a non-compete agreement at the time of being hired, it can't be enforced if you are terminated. If you sign a post-termination non-compete agreement, you did so in exchange for something. They can't force you to sign such a thing.

I suspect that this is the leading edge of firearms mfgrs going under. They've been riding high for 8 years. No surprise that they can't sustain sales as the market saturates and demand falls.
    Last edited by Hmac; 10-06-17 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    I like the 32 round Daniel Defense mags, though I use them and Magpul Gen3 mags interchangeably. That said, the 32-round magazine is quicker to load for me since I don't have to download two rounds manually after loading three stripper clips. Right now, defensive ammo sits in DD mags, and the Magpuls are used for target ammo.

Feedback Score
    Y’all are tough bunch—first you didn’t like my Bushmaster, I got a DDM4V-something and you don’t like them. Haha!

My rifle is just fine, but at the time, my local dealer couldn’t get a Knight Armament, so I went DDM4. i’ve posted before about a friend’s brand new Colt being in for repairs for 6 months and was returned, still malfunctioning.

That led me away from Colt to either Daniel Defense or Knight Armament.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    Y’all are tough bunch—first you didn’t like my Bushmaster, I got a DDM4V-something and you don’t like them. Haha!

My rifle is just fine, but at the time, my local dealer couldn’t get a Knight Armament, so I went DDM4. i’ve posted before about a friend’s brand new Colt being in for repairs for 6 months and was returned, still malfunctioning.

That led me away from Colt to either Daniel Defense or Knight Armament.
    They are quality and reliable, I was pretty surprised to see so many not like them.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast